Dish Booth CES 2015

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420567500.655737.jpg
We are at the booth, stay tuned!

Talked to a rep there today and learned that the Hopper Netfix app does not support 3D nor the 4K content. The rep didn't know but checked with their on site Netflix rep for me. He did say that later on the app would support 4K for the dish version of the app.

the 4K Tv's I saw all had Netflix apps fully capable so having a crippled version on the Hopper should not be a problem.

Good question I will ask today.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Well if you can set the resolution to 4k, then it should upconvert everything to 4k resolution. Just like if you set the hd receiver to 1080i,it does everything in 1080i. I still don't think that they have enabled native resolution support yet on any receiver.

Well if you can set the resolution to 4k, then it should upconvert everything to 4k resolution. Just like if you set the hd receiver to 1080i,it does everything in 1080i. I still don't think that they have enabled native resolution support yet on any receiver.

They had had Native Resolution working, but in tests with customers many people did not like it as it took their TV a few seconds to change to the correct resolution. So much so that most said they didn't like it so DISH never released it.

scott ask around when will carbon UI will start rolling out to people who have hopper with sling thanks

cool i cannot wait until the carbon ui is coming can you please get a picture of the tv apps what apps are on there listed using carbon UI it would be nice to see whats listed.

Thanks

Allen bluegras
Illinois

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)