Dish Booth Day 1

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Here are various shots from the Dish Network Booth this morning, will add information later and will keep posting more shots...:)

Attachments

• D11.JPG
    D11.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 502
  • D7.JPG
    D7.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 414
  • D6.JPG
    D6.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 424
  • D5.JPG
    D5.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 469
  • D4.JPG
    D4.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 471
  • D3.JPG
    D3.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 481
  • D2.JPG
    D2.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 420
  • D1.JPG
    D1.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 471
  • D10.JPG
    D10.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 456
  • D9.JPG
    D9.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 483
  • D8.JPG
    D8.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 502
More... DIRECTV was at CES... had a receiver at the DISH Booth...

Attachments

• 622 Servers.JPG
    622 Servers.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 293
  • Dish Multi Room Extender.JPG
    Dish Multi Room Extender.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Dish TV Everywhere Adapter.JPG
    Dish TV Everywhere Adapter.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 284
  • DirecTv at Dish Booth.JPG
    DirecTv at Dish Booth.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 284
  • DirecTv setup.JPG
    DirecTv setup.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 318
I want to know more about the 'Dish single wire solution'.

I want to know if anyone is believign this Dish BS spin. I would not trust a DTV reciver to work right at a dish booth any more then I would trust a dish vip reciver to work at a directv booth.

I want to know if anyone is believign this Dish BS spin. I would not trust a DTV reciver to work right at a dish booth any more then I would trust a dish vip reciver to work at a directv booth.

Yes, I believe it. I have a 722 and an HR22. What they show is perfectly accurate. That is why I gave up Directv......their DVRs suck.

Yeah I want to see software revision , remote model number and reciever settings and finally if the model number broadcast has been turned off on the remote.

Whats feeding that dish ?

It would be like nvidia demoing a ATI product and going seee.....

but again it only going to prove one thing that everyone know hr2x are slow and no pip while 722 are fast, and have pip

I think that is the point of their demonstration stonecold. Just like the commerical that shows the two TVs side by side saying the picture quality is the same. They are just saying they are cheaper for the same thing and they are pointing out features that their DVR has that the D* one doesn't. I'm confused about what you are talking about with the BS Dish spin?

What I am getting at is here

Dish is going spin it like they are going to give the look ours does pip and the remote not slow. ( which are valid points not deal breakers but good solid points )

They going to glass over all the things I can do with my HR2x that you cant do with dish .

Esata points instead of usb for external storage ( though they could come back an say ours just replaces the drive at hand. But at the same time you have to move shows rom the ext to the main with dish ) never mind i got on that tangent. Bottom line Dish would not let me show up and say hey look we might not have pip and our gui is a slower But we can do more . I stream content to my hr boxes almost daily, and we have a nicer on demand system. Dish wont tell you that why because it spin. just like we would put spin on dish producs and nvia puts spin on ati products and apple bashes pcs.

That HR2x box is not going to get a fair shake and where the heck did it come from is my 2nd queston

I have said it before and will say it again DirecTV could do the same ad and show features that the HR box can do that the 722k can't.

Directv's VOD kick dish networks ass like no tomorrow.

Yeah well if Charlie felt he had the ace-high in his hand he would not have to run those ads.

But bottom line his company he can do with how ever he feels like.

Dude, its an ad. Isn't the point of ads to say why someone should buy your product instead of another product? I don't get the anger.

Now that CES is underway, they are just showing a loop of all the features and speed dish has that directv doesn't. They arent even showing live video, or letting anyone touch the remotes. Its basically an ad on 24/7 loop. The tv above the directv receiver is not showing the live feed from the directv receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts