Dish boycotts Fox News Go

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why would Dish negotiate then? Those subs are gone. The bleeding is OVER. Those subs are not going to be coming back soon, if ever. Probably a year or two before they’d even consider a return. Dish might as well save the money and drop X completely. And in any future contract, try to ensure there can be no such hardball again (I doubt that’s legal). Because after 1-2 years of getting nothing, less than nothing after considering reduced ad revenue, X might be easier to deal with.

Many subscribers came back, including me. Also you want to keep your current customers happy. With the churn rate as it is, Dish needs to delight their customers, there is just too much competition out there.

The fact that Sling TV won't carry Fox News is quite strange. It is the number one basic cable channel, more popular than ESPN.

I know that Fox News doesn't charge extra for the Fox News Go service because I can't find one other cable/sat company that blocks it besides Dish. It is a free add on for the benefit of subscribers. Fox gets to show all of its ads during the live broadcasts, while when you watch it on Dish you will occasionally have to watch a Dish ad, which is a small bit of revenue for Dish.
...which is precisely why Dish doesn't want their customers using the Fox News Go service, because it would cost Dish money. Mystery solved.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Many subscribers came back, including me. Also you want to keep your current customers happy. With the churn rate as it is, Dish needs to delight their customers, there is just too much competition out there.

The fact that Sling TV won't carry Fox News is quite strange. It is the number one basic cable channel, more popular than ESPN.

As a Dish customer, I am perfectly content with less Faux anything, so they are definitely keeping me happy and delighted!

I know that Fox News doesn't charge extra for the Fox News Go service because I can't find one other cable/sat company that blocks the application besides Dish. It is a free add on for the benefit of subscribers. Fox gets to show all of its ads during the Internet broadcasts, while when you watch it on Dish you will occasionally have to watch a Dish ad, which is a small bit of revenue for Dish.

Pretty sure I've run into other apps that don't work on Dish as well as apps that didn't work for DirecTV customers when I subscribed I seriously doubt it is a Dish treating Fox unfairly thing. I am sure it is a Dish and Fox treating each other per the terms of their contract thing, as much as that may be an inconvenience to you and others.

FWIW: I tried using my parent's Spectrum account, and I got the FAQ page saying it wasn't available on "connected devices." I suspect Spectrum needs to work on renegotiating their contract with Fox as well. This suggests to me that Fox is charging extra for the service in some way.

...which is precisely why Dish doesn't want their customers using the Fox News Go service, because it would cost Dish money. Mystery solved.
You are talking about a very small amount of money lost. It didn't stop any of the other hundreds of cable companies and DTV from allowing it.

At some point, they have to start thinking about making customers happy,not just fattening their own wallets. Have you seen Dish's churn rate recently?

Pretty sure I've run into other apps that don't work on Dish as well as apps that didn't work for DirecTV customers when I subscribed I seriously doubt it is a Dish treating Fox unfairly thing. I am sure it is a Dish and Fox treating each other per the terms of their contract thing, as much as that may be an inconvenience to you and others.

FWIW: I tried using my parent's Spectrum account, and I got the FAQ page saying it wasn't available on "connected devices." I suspect Spectrum needs to work on renegotiating their contract with Fox as well. This suggests to me that Fox is charging extra for the service in some way.
You have to have Spectrum Cable TV service and FNC has to be in the package. If you aren't getting it you can call their repair service.

How about less CNN, the Crap News Network?
Agree and why are we being force fed CNN on flex. This is very politically partisan on Dish's part. Take CNN off Flex or add Fox News. And adding news package and Paying extra doesn't count.

Removing all news from packages or having all news is the only fair non partisan way to handle packages in this very politically charged period.

Reactions: papachops
I know that Fox News doesn't charge extra for the Fox News Go service because I can't find one other cable/sat company that blocks the application besides Dish. It is a free add on for the benefit of subscribers. Fox gets to show all of its ads during the Internet broadcasts, while when you watch it on Dish you will occasionally have to watch a Dish ad, which is a small bit of revenue for Dish.

You are so wrong. Even the Fox News website states that many providers don’t carry Fox News Go. Fox charges extra for providers to offer Fox News Go. It is not free. Many of the internet add-in networks show advertisements. That does not mean that they are free.

You are so wrong. Even the Fox News website states that many providers don’t carry Fox News Go. Fox charges extra for providers to offer Fox News Go. It is not free. Many of the internet add-in networks show advertisements. That does not mean that they are free.
Can you name me a provider doesn't carry Fox News GO, besides Dish? I noticed that Dish does carry CNN GO, very interesting indeed.

I want to stay with Dish, but they are making it very difficult for me.

Agree and why are we being force fed CNN on flex. This is very politically partisan on Dish's part. Take CNN off Flex or add Fox News. And adding news package and Paying extra doesn't count.

Removing all news from packages or having all news is the only fair non partisan way to handle packages in this very politically charged period.

I suspect it has a lot more to do with the fact that CNN cost Dish less to put in Flex than Fox News than any political agenda. Charlie donates to members of both parties. Not everything has a political motivation, despite what CNN, Fox, etc. would have us believe.

Can you name me a provider doesn't carry Fox News GO, besides Dish? I noticed that Dish does carry CNN GO, very interesting indeed.

I want to stay with Dish, but they are making it very difficult for me.

Jackson Energy Authority of Jackson TN apparently does not. Kind of beside the point though.

Do you have a HWS or Hopper3? Have you considered trying Dish Anywhere?

Don't want to get too political here on this forum but saying Dish is being partisan for having CNN, but then asking for Fox news is making me want to face palm myself for being dumb enough to even read that. Fox news invented and perfected Partisan News reporting....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)