Dish boycotts Fox News Go

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't want to get too political here on this forum but saying Dish is being partisan for having CNN, but then asking for Fox news is making me want to face palm myself for being dumb enough to even read that. Fox news invented and perfected Partisan News reporting....

What does who invented partisan news have to do with it? BTW very debatable it was always there prior to Fox's existence, just nobody was around pointing it out except a few talk radio shows. You didn't notice it and thought it was all up and up and fair reporting I'm sure just by your left leaning views.

I'm saying Dish needs to be non partisan with their packages and not stack packages with left or right leaning news, Have both sides or not at all. It's been pointed out Fox I'm sure is more expensive but that's no excuse.

Reactions: pattykay
There is the Blaze. For what’s out there, it is pretty balanced. I know oANn is requested a lot, but they kind of nailed their own coffin shut on that deal

What does who invented partisan news have to do with it? BTW very debatable it was always there prior to Fox's existence, just nobody was around pointing it out except a few talk radio shows. You didn't notice it and thought it was all up and up and fair reporting I'm sure just by your left leaning views.

I'm saying Dish needs to be non partisan with their packages and not stack packages with left or right leaning news, Have both sides or not at all. It's been pointed out Fox I'm sure is more expensive but that's no excuse.

I'd say the cost of Fox is very likely the exact reason it isn't in the Flex or Welcome packs (based on what I've read here anyway. I haven't bothered to check). If I have learned anything about working in the private sector, it is that politics is far down the list of motivating factors for most (but not all) companies. I think Charlie is way too shrewd to let any personal politics he has get in the way of his empire making as much money for him as possible. The same applies for far more politically-active business leaders, like Warren Buffet or the Koch brothers, who still run their businesses quite differently than their politics might otherwise dictate.

IMHO, politics aside, cable news has been crap since Ted Turner started the whole thing. They are all on the air 24x7, but have the attention spans of CGI dogs surrounded by squirrels. I realize this is excellent entertainment for large numbers of people, but none of it, aside from live breaking coverage of actual news events, like disasters, or documentary movies/series is what I consider journalism. It is just too shallow, and there is no [actual] expert analysis, so everything is "slanted" by opinions or agendas to make it seem like they are providing decent quantity of content.

If you want actual national/world news, read a newspaper of your choosing. I recommend The Economist personally. If you want news-adjacent entertainment, then, by all means, enjoy CNN/Fox/MSNBC to your heart's delight. Just don't expect to be particularly informed by it.

I wish I didn't have to pay for any of the cable news channels in the same way I wish I didn't have to pay for the sport channels. Total waste of money from my perspective.

Can you name me a provider doesn't carry Fox News GO, besides Dish? I noticed that Dish does carry CNN GO, very interesting indeed.

I want to stay with Dish, but they are making it very difficult for me.

It not just Fox News. None of the Fox owned stations are available to DISH customers online.

And then you have other companies such as Discovery and I Believe Univision which also does not have an online agreement with Dish.

You know how much I hate watching Science channel and having them tell me to watch other episodes using the Science Channel Go app and not being able to login to it with my Dish account.

Dish is not saying hell we don’t like Fox News let’s not offer that channel online. None of the Fox channels (and many others) are not available to Dish customers.

Again as I said earlier it takes two to tangle.

And BTW just one more point of clarification to say the networks are offered to the cable and satellite companies is not true, they just build in the cost with the cost of the contract renewal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)