Dish Buffalo Locals

newtecradio

Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
ontario canada
My father has a dish network subscription we have a house in south carolina and north of the border. When we are in SC we get the SC locals when we are north of the border we get the buffalo locals. Today we are north of the border and noticed that the guide was still stating the SC locals which of course we cann't recieve north of the border, but no buffalo locals. He called dish and said his locals were missing and they said they would send a signal through to fix it. Which he still got the SC locals in the guide and no buffalo. We tried resetting the unit which didn't help we also tried punching in the channel numbers for NY locals which didn't work.

So here is my question is dish now sending a signal to the units which allow it only to recieve the locals where the unit is to be?

Thank you for your time.

Actually, Dish Network receivers now have a GPS built in. :)

You should never have rec'd Buffalo locals unless he called in and "Moved".

Last edited:
Actually, Dish Network receivers now have a GPS built in. :)

You should never have rec'd Buffalo locals unless he called in and "Moved".

so let me make sure I understand you correctly, even when we are in canada in the NY spotbeam the reciever should never have picked up the locals from NY only the SC where the reciever is registered. Hence why we get the SC locals when we are their but still appear when we move the reciever back to Canada and not able to recieve NY locals.

I think you should re-check your facts on that one. If that were true, there would be a great many people being busted for "moving" their service address.

I could not find the tongue in cheek smilie. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)