Dish Cable Box question...

mattnstacy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
I just had an builder friend of mine come over to help with a wall fish. He's also a Dish sub and questioned why the metal box where all the wires from the dish was attached to the dish, which is on a pole in my lawn. He said his is in his house and out of the elements. Is this ok to have it outside? That's where the installer put it.
I'm sorry I don't know the name this box is called but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Also, I phrased this question a little differently in another thread. I don't have enough cable right now to make it through the floor and upstairs to my 625. My 2 choices are to tap into the dual lines and extend them or to have the installer (coming again next week) rewire the dual line from the dish so there would be a straight shot to the 625. I know there may be some signal loss but wondering if it would be worth the hassle.

Thanks.

if you're really worried and have a little sense of humor (and some mod skills), you could stick that DP34 into a bird house ;) --- keeping in mind to cover the hole lol.

If I was doing this (yeah I'm silly), I'd put it on the ground next to the dish and stick a "signal Check-Point" sign on it :D

OoTLink said:
if you're really worried and have a little sense of humor (and some mod skills), you could stick that DP34 into a bird house ;) --- keeping in mind to cover the hole lol.

If I was doing this (yeah I'm silly), I'd put it on the ground next to the dish and stick a "signal Check-Point" sign on it :D

That's a good idea actually. I was just worried that it wasn't supposed to be outside. I called Dish tech support and they said it's a normal location and should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts