Please reply by conversation.

larry55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
got call from dish wanting me to come back.no espnu in hd and my locals not in hd forget it.dish must be losing a lot of customers:p

Not having the channels you want is a good factor not to have them as your provider.

Dish will let customers go over the most stupid things. In stead of spending the time to review customers valid request the india operators tell the customers to jump through hoops.

Out best customer yet was an older man in passadena he had 3 accounts all active with every thing pack to run his 15 tvs in the home. He called dish to have them mail out 15 current list of channels and they would not and instructed him to print them on his computer. He was so livid when he came in to our shop and we did our best to get dish to mail them but they refused. We printed him the lists at no charge and he was out the door.

2 months later dish wanted to charge him for a box that he payed for when he started to replace it due to the fact that dish no longer has the DSR-100 in stock. He now as directv on 15tv's and only one bill with all the recivers.

I wuld fell verry sad for the CSR that trys to win him back as he will throw the savings of over $200 a month in their face.

I left Dish over a year and half ago, after spending 5 years with them, averaging a $100 a month bill and even being a beta tester for them; and have never received one phone call, email or snail mail from them, trying to win me back. It is this type of attitude that is making them what they are today. A company with great dvrs but piss poor customer service and public relations.

I was with them for 12 years. As with Islandguy, I was a beta tester for a very long time. Left them in June due to them refusing to fix an install problem they caused and their outrageous fee for additional DVRs (which I paid for). I also need ABCfamHD. I received a call last week. They said since you have been gone for 6 months (only 4 1/2), they said I was eligible for a deal. I told them my story, asked if they would reduce the additional receiver fees to match D*, got back ABCFamilyHD, etc. They just said we'll remove you from our callback/specials list and hung up.

S~

It seems DirecTV calls former customers too:

A co-worker of mine has been with Dishnet for 2 years, before that he was with DirecTV since the mid-1990's.
He told me that he got a call a short while back from DirecTV offering new equipment, etc if he switched back. He says they offered to pay his cancellation fee with Dishnet if he had one.

DTV has been calling me! Seems to me DTV is losing the Battle between them and Dish Network! From my experience, I can see why!

DTV has been calling me! Seems to me DTV is losing the Battle between them and Dish Network! From my experience, I can see why!

Digital Television is calling you ?
Your special.

Jumping from provider to provider is a stupid thing to do.

Chose the provider that gives you what you want to watch, after all it's TV werre talking about.

Jumping from provider to provider is a stupid thing to do.

Chose the provider that gives you what you want to watch, after all it's TV werre talking about.

The reason I left a year and half ago, was for hd versions of Buffalo Sabres games and Yankees games. It looks like a smart move now, since msg is off dish for seems like good.

I called E* a couple months ago, when D* was having issues fixing my system. The deal E* wanted to give me did not seem like much of a deal so I politely told them no thanks! About a week ago, I started getting calls almost daily from E* wanting me to give them a shot. Must have got my number off CID, b/c all I only gave them my Zip when I called originally!!

The reason I left a year and half ago, was for hd versions of Buffalo Sabres games and Yankees games. It looks like a smart move now, since msg is off dish for seems like good.

Yup, you made a smart move, you moved because they had what you wanted to watch .... not just for the New Sub discounts like many do.

rocket69 said:
Not having the channels you want is a good factor not to have them as your provider.

Dish will let customers go over the most stupid things. In stead of spending the time to review customers valid request the india operators tell the customers to jump through hoops.

Out best customer yet was an older man in passadena he had 3 accounts all active with every thing pack to run his 15 tvs in the home. He called dish to have them mail out 15 current list of channels and they would not and instructed him to print them on his computer. He was so livid when he came in to our shop and we did our best to get dish to mail them but they refused. We printed him the lists at no charge and he was out the door.

2 months later dish wanted to charge him for a box that he payed for when he started to replace it due to the fact that dish no longer has the DSR-100 in stock. He now as directv on 15tv's and only one bill with all the recivers.

I wuld fell verry sad for the CSR that trys to win him back as he will throw the savings of over $200 a month in their face.

Thats a crap load of tv's, holy macrel.

@Dishman

15 is not the most we have done. With the money he is saving on direct with only needing to keep one account for all his boxes. Dish has lost a good customer on this one.

His dish bills over $400 a month and now with direct $191 a month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)