Dish calling offering to install free OTA Antennas

satmaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 27, 2003
Louisiana
Has anyone else been contacted by dish offering to install a free over the air antenna?

My sister has and I want to know what model and brand antenna they are providing.

I have lots of these old Voom antennas and I don't want these dish service hacks messing up a system I sold and installed.

I really dont think they are going to provide what it takes to get a signal here. I can not get the signals with a 30ft tower and a huge antenna. Best I can do for her is 2 or 3 channels with a real antenna on a pole and a booster. But the operator promised her all the local channels.....

Are they contacting others are is it because she was grandfathered in for locals.

They haven't contacted me yet but they may still have my old cell # I'm really not sure if they have the old one or the current one.

Has anyone else been contacted by dish offering to install a free over the air antenna?

My sister has and I want to know what model and brand antenna they are providing.

I have lots of these old Voom antennas and I don't want these dish service hacks messing up a system I sold and installed.

I really dont think they are going to provide what it takes to get a signal here. I can not get the signals with a 30ft tower and a huge antenna. Best I can do for her is 2 or 3 channels with a real antenna on a pole and a booster. But the operator promised her all the local channels.....

Are they contacting others are is it because she was grandfathered in for locals.

I'm thinking some high gain flat panel antenna... though if they are promising it, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

I know they are gearing up, they recently had a sign up sheet calling for volunteers to go on a road trip installing the OTA antennas.

This is a deep fringe area those type of antennas wont work here. They only pick up 1 or 2 channels. Intresting thing is they have that channel on the Dish but they wont give it to us because the say we are outside the area.

But the operator promised her all the local channels.....

Well I'd like to see that some places out here with a OTA antenna. It would cost a small forture per house -- 100-200 foot towers hard line coax commercial antennas, etc to get all locals via OTA.:rolleyes:

Well I'd like to see that some places out here with a OTA antenna. It would cost a small forture per house -- 100-200 foot towers hard line coax commercial antennas, etc to get all locals via OTA.:rolleyes:

I am quite certain that is what it will take in some cases. We're talking like the 2" diameter heliax that you'd see on commercial towers. Ahh.. a hams delight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts