Dish calling subscribers with THE BIG NEWS?

wase4711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
Outside Chicago
Just got a computer phone call, at 8am, from Dish Network, telling me that the good news is that TBS HD is now available!!:eek:

Anyone else get this today?

Got it too around 10am ET. I actually appreciate they called. If I wasn't a member of this forum, I probably wouldn't be aware of this great news. (I am so glad they brought TBS-HD in time for the playoffs!)

Just got a computer phone call, at 8am, from Dish Network, telling me that the good news is that TBS HD is now available!!:eek:
No, but I did get a call last night offering to upgrade me from AT250+HBO&Skinamax to AEP for two cents/month for three months.

Actually, it may have been $6.01 less the DVR fee now that I think about it.

I've been getting calls from weird numbers and I finally found it out yesterday, Dish has been calling me about all the new changes that took place recently. The idiots do not leave a message!

We just leave our answering machine on, and rarely answer ANY land line call.

Sadly, more and more politicians and fake beggars for the local police are leaving messages. With the internet to let my Dish receivers "phone home" I just might cancel my land line.

Yep- got the call

Don't answer the phone (so to speak) but got a message on answering machine at 8:50 pm with the "big news" about TBSHD being on for the playoffs.
They must have figured that they really got caught behind the "8" ball to do this :D.
Gerry

I got the message

I got my idiot computer chick message while I was out bowling this evening.

Anyone know if she is anotomically correct (and very correct) and if so, can be programmed to function as a girlfriend properly?

If so, whats her number? I tried 333-DISH but I can't find her extension!

:D

They really should use the settop boxes to give information like this to its subs. I think it would be nice to get this sort of news from Dish once in a while about any changes that took place.... setup an application that shows if you have any messages from Dish.. so that they display on the Screensaver program they have that shows all the "tips" before you turn the power to the receiver back on each day.

It's funny. The DISh recording seems to only play if YOU answer the phone. They called before and my answering service picked up. No message. That must waste a lot of time for them. But I did receive the TBS call.......2 days after I found out by simply checking new channels on my receiver.

I had some persistent calls from a number that research indicates has been used by Dish. I ignored them because I assumed that they were trying to sell me a movie package, even after I've told them not to call me.

If they want to get the message out, they should leave a message. Also, they should stop their sales calls so people know that when they call they have something interesting to say.

Jeffro34TX: Yes, I agree that this would be a nice use of the screensaver messages on the 622 etc. Now how do we get the message to Dish? By the way, years ago the old receivers had a light on them to indicate that they had received a message, like I think cable boxes still do. Dish never ever sent messages that way. When someone asked them why, they were told that Dish didn't want people flooding their call centers to ask why a light was blinking on their receiver! (It WAS documented in the manual, but we all know how many stupid people buy technology and don't bother to learn anything about it.)

It's funny. The DISh recording seems to only play if YOU answer the phone. They called before and my answering service picked up. No message.
Some of the current promotions require the caller to hand you over to the activation department immediately. They can't very well do that if you don't answer the phone.

One of those "strike while the iron is hot" things.

Here is the big news I am waiting for a call -- Sci Fi HD, Bravo, USA HD, multiple feeds of HBO and multiple feeds of Starz.

Are you listening Dish? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts