Dish came and put up a new dish, left the old ones. What to do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Personally I will not take the dishes, if I did I would have more garbage in my yard then I would be able to do with. however as a consideration with the EA the custy will lose many of their SD programming, which reduces the amount of programs that the hard drive will hold, with 119or110 having SD you could tie them into the input and they would have a choice on what to record.

scoobyxj said:
Most installers don't and won't take the old dish especially a non dish dish. It belongs to the home owner, and is considered stealing. They should have taken the LNB/s however, but if they didn't don't worry about it it will come out of the techs pocket not yours if it was supposed to be returned and he didn't take it.

When I had my dish replaced the installer knew enough to take the LNB's. Him knew what he was doing.

Today is the first day of your life.

Honestly, I think this might become a trend. Techs getting smaller vehicles, don't want to haul them, having to store them, find someone to recycle them. Most dealers, subs, retailers have extras on hand, like we do, then you have to store them some where, pretty soon you have this big ugly pile of old dishes, find someone to load them and haul them to the recyclers, can get to be a pain, easier to leave them. We use common sense, if the customer wants them, great.. have them, if not we haul them back.

Personally I will not take the dishes, if I did I would have more garbage in my yard then I would be able to do with. however as a consideration with the EA the custy will lose many of their SD programming, which reduces the amount of programs that the hard drive will hold, with 119or110 having SD you could tie them into the input and they would have a choice on what to record.

The only SD I lost was my locals and they were replaced with HD feeds.

Although not worth much you can sell them at scrap metal yards.If ya get a truckload might pay for the gas and a bite to eat.

True, they are the only ones but I had a customer that would record the SD version in order to save space on the Hard drive. in this instance the 119 dish with a DP duel could go into the input of the 1k4 lnb and they would have some of there locals in SD. Thus leaving the dish would be something that the custy would want.

I told them that my roof wasn't a dumping ground for their outdated junk. The guy reused one of the two masts and remove the second dish and mounting pole. He left the mounting plate to prevent water leaks.

You can't reuse a 500 mast for a k4 dish. There aren't strong enough to support the heavier dish. You can use it, but eventually it's gonna sag and you'll slowly lose signal. DNS in-house techs are required to use the W-4 mast or risk failing a QAS.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

True, they are the only ones but I had a customer that would record the SD version in order to save space on the Hard drive. in this instance the 119 dish with a DP duel could go into the input of the 1k4 lnb and they would have some of there locals in SD. Thus leaving the dish would be something that the custy would want.
Is the "duel" going to be using pistols or swords.

You can't reuse a 500 mast for a k4 dish. There aren't strong enough to support the heavier dish. You can use it, but eventually it's gonna sag and you'll slowly lose signal. DNS in-house techs are required to use the W-4 mast or risk failing a QAS.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That's what they did for us. They moved my EA dish to where the wing dish was and used the same mast. I told the guy but he said it won't be a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)