Dish cant help me with my remote access problem!

alrighty... try this..

Download this
http://plugin.slingbox.com/downloads/msi/1.4.0.117/WBSP_IE_Setup.exe

Then close all IE browsers and uninstall the plugin for IE through Add/Remove programs in the control panel..

Then run that file ... the WBSP_IE_Setup.exe .. that's the newest of the new versions.. .117

the next time you to onto any of the sling sites (Dish Remote Access, DishOnline, *sling*) you will get two things at once.. get told you have to install the plugin ... and should get a InfoBar .. if you carefully read the info bar it should say "...wants to run ..." (not the download info bar type) you can choose all sites.. or "allow this site" ... your choice... I only allow it to run on dish's & slings sites .. so I will manually allow only those sites to use it.. (by *not* selecting the "all sites" choice)

Anyway.. after that.. refresh your window if you need to.. and see what happens..

are you saying to uninstall IE? When I look in add/remove programs there is nothing that says anything about IE plugins.

are you saying to uninstall IE? When I look in add/remove programs there is nothing that says anything about IE plugins.
No .. not IE .. but the plugin.. in the Add/Remove programs (Programs & Settings in Vista/7) its listed as
"WebSlingPlayer ActiveX"

Tony T,
Do you have any idea when they might let you know what error code 2 is?

Error 2 is a general error; basically, the issue does not fall into the perimeters of any other error message, so it just puts up a general one. A previous thread for the same issue looks to be like the customer, in that case, has computers that don't measure up to the specs required for using DRA.

No sling link used.

How is your receiver connected to the internet? Is it a direct connection via an Ethernet cable? Have you changed any port settings on your router? Is UPnP enabled?

It is using an Ethernet cable thur a switch and it wourked fine before the 922 switch out. I have also tried direct connect to the router bypassing the switch with no luck. I hooked up a slingbox hd to the same setup using the same switch and it works fine so I am using that for now.

Why won't Dish Network come out and say that they have a problem. They keep giving us the run around. The problem in on their side.
I have four computers and unable to connect with any of them. Connect all day long with my iphone 4 and htc phone.
Dish please solve your problem and stop giving us the run around.

Why won't Dish Network come out and say that they have a problem. They keep giving us the run around. The problem in on their side.
I have four computers and unable to connect with any of them. Connect all day long with my iphone 4 and htc phone.
Dish please solve your problem and stop giving us the run around.

Sorry to hear you have an issue and I would be glad to look into it as well. If you give me a rundown on your PC setup and upload speed, I can help.

The specs are posted online and the issue, a lot of times, is that those specs are ignored. Just like computer software, if you don't meet the minimum requirements, the gear will not work. There may also be settings in both the firewall and/or the browser that can create an issue.

The majority of the SlingAdapter users have no issues, as well as those who use the VIP922 Slingloaded DVR, so long as they have a computer and network capable of running the software and streaming. Again, many of the issues just need a few changes to get it up and running, much like any network device.

Thanks Tony
I am on the road right now (using my stand alone sling box to watch tv) and will get you that information when I get home.
Thanks again.

I started getting the same error recently.
On my phone at work and on my Xoom tablet it works just fine though WiFi, but on my PC the dreaded Error 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)