Dish/Capital Broadcasting Dispute (Resolved)

ummm yea, you'd still be watching their programs & commercials (unless you DVR), that's really sticking it to them!

In fact, if you think about it... you're still paying Dish for that programming. Dish still has to give the money to the affiliate. So they're not out anything. If you are actually in a dispute (channel blacked out), unless you've called to complain and gotten a discount, you're STILL paying for the programming, it's just Dish keep all the money. If you've called to get a discount, NOW Dish is out some money (because any discount is going to be more than what the station is charging Dish).

Last but not least, many people won't even consider OTA or won't put in the time, money, or effort to get it (which doesn't make sense to me),

if I were paying Dish some small bit to DVR my locals, that is still much cheaper than most alternatives. As is stands now, I am paying and not able to see/DVR that material. So Dish could tell the broadcasters.. hey, we're in no hurry to pay your increase... our customers are covered (they have supplied the H/W).

Reactions: TheKrell
if I were paying Dish some small bit to DVR my locals, that is still much cheaper than most alternatives. As is stands now, I am paying and not able to see/DVR that material. So Dish could tell the broadcasters.. hey, we're in no hurry to pay your increase... our customers are covered (they have supplied the H/W).
Answer me this then... why don't you have an antenna hooked up already?
A) It's relatively cheap (for most people)
B) It won't be affected by rain (you can still watch locals if the satellite signal is out)
C) You're getting as uncompressed a signal as you can
D) You can pick up additional channels that Dish doesn't carry (and DVR those as well)

Does anyone believe for one second that if ALL locals were given to Dish for free our bills would go down? I sure don't.

Answer me this then... why don't you have an antenna hooked up already?
A) It's relatively cheap (for most people)
B) It won't be affected by rain (you can still watch locals if the satellite signal is out)
C) You're getting as uncompressed a signal as you can
D) You can pick up additional channels that Dish doesn't carry (and DVR those as well)

Does anyone believe for one second that if ALL locals were given to Dish for free our bills would go down? I sure don't.

Since I don't have have an OTA module for my Hopper, and therefore wouldn't be able to DVR the material, there is little point for me. I *did* have OTA connected on my 622 (which had built-in OTA). We moved, and I didn't bother running the antenna connection (since we didn't have the 622 anymore).

and yes, being able to watch something during rain fade was nice.

I called Dish yesterday and was told that they have an agreement and should begin broadcasting Capital channels within the week. Not sure if this is just something they say to string me along for another week, but it worked. I'm giving them until the 12th, then I'm dropping Dish like a hot potato. Trying to save me money isn't worth it if they can't give me the channels I want.

I called Dish yesterday and was told that they have an agreement and should begin broadcasting Capital channels within the week. Not sure if this is just something they say to string me along for another week, but it worked. I'm giving them until the 12th, then I'm dropping Dish like a hot potato. Trying to save me money isn't worth it if they can't give me the channels I want.

I called yesterday and had to have gotten the least knowledgeable person they employ.. didn't even know that Hopper supported an OTA module and kept trying to say he would report the missing channels to engineering (who of course have nothing to do with contract disputes....)... I haven't had time to call back and try to reach someone who would be more helpful.

I called yesterday and had to have gotten the least knowledgeable person they employ.. didn't even know that Hopper supported an OTA module and kept trying to say he would report the missing channels to engineering (who of course have nothing to do with contract disputes....)... I haven't had time to call back and try to reach someone who would be more helpful.
Maybe you should have let him do it. Maybe he would have gotten fired for his incompetence.

Reactions: ncted
looks like this dispute is over with check the uplink report up a couple of mintues ago

No one had updated this thread yet so I will report that Capitol Broadcasting and Dish seem to have resolved their differences as WRAL and WRAZ are back on Dish as of this evening. The guide data is still filling in on my Hopper so I am not sure when it got uplinked again. For the record I called this morning and spoke to account services who provided me with a much better credit scenario than was offered by the chat agent. I had asked if they had heard anything about a resolution and all they could say was "soon". The wife is happy again, so thanks Dish/Capitol for getting this resolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts