Hopper remotes. Hopper Voice and Hopper Standard

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScooterS

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 14, 2003
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420570760.507059.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420570781.150233.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420570805.010541.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420570822.117537.jpg

Scott getting the new touchpad remote demonstration:
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420570993.712538.jpg

A few questions:
1. How do you fast-forward/reverse?
2. How much will it cost?
3. Will the old remotes work with the new UI?

Looks like new UI will be released this summer (no final date announced).

I am told....Standard remote works with all hoppers and all Joeys. Voice remote works with all hoppers and the new 4K Joey. Existing ( classic) remotes continue to work with all devices.

New 4k devices will ship with the new remotes.

No price set yet for remotes if you want to upgrade for your existing box.

1. How do you fast-forward/reverse?

I'd like to hear about that one too! At first, I was trying to figure out why they left off one set of ff/rew buttons, but I see the small symbols above them, so I assume there is some method to accomplish both regular ff/rev and skip fwd/rev from the single set of buttons. How does it work?

First, you buy a Harmony, so your whole HT is controlled by one simple remote.

My current Dish HWS remote controls my TV, AV receiver and volume on AV receiver. What more do you need. I never use my tv remote and rarely use the av remote, except when I want to control my BluRay, DVD recorder, Wii, or security cameras.

Reactions: SpencerCat
My current Dish HWS remote controls my TV, AV receiver and volume on AV receiver. What more do you need. I never use my tv remote and rarely use the av remote, except when I want to control my BluRay, DVD recorder, Wii, or security cameras.

How about ability to set up activities where specific devices are automatically set up with the proper inputs, outputs, etc. You'll have to pry my Harmony1 from my cold dead fingers!

With the current remote, you push the FF or REV buttons multiple times to speed up the forward or reverse in increments. Can you do this with the new remotes?
Seems like you should be able to use them the same way. I'm more interested in the 10-second-back and 30-second-skip-forward buttons !

Does the touchscreen change to show more than just a numpad ? Seems like a lot of functionality is missing otherwise, just based on the hardware buttons.

Reactions: ChadT41
I notice that, on the hard buttons above the touchscreen, that there is a number/ABC button. I think that all of those buttons, above, will place something different on the touchscreen. Maybe the color buttons are associated with Options....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)