dish cc without pressing 8 buttons

racko

Apr 8, 2009
san diego
dish cc without pressing 8 button

How do you program a multi remote with macro capabilities
but of course it is a PITA to turn it on/off. We have a multi remote with macro capabilities, so I just programmed a series of keypresses to toggle the CC on/off. Good luck.

Did it work or do you need help?

I'm sort of leaning towards the idea that the mute button should turn CC on and off but that would require changing how the remotes work.

I'm sort of leaning towards the idea that the mute button should turn CC on and off but that would require changing how the remotes work.
dish already solved this issue on the DTVPAL by using one of the existing buttons, I think one of the page navigation buttons. They need to add the same functionality to the rest of their receiver line.

To the OP: the least number of keystrokes I could come up with was 12 not 8. What kind of remote are you trying to program?

This is the sequence that should be a single button press on the remote:
[menu 8 7 1 left select right select cancel cancel cancel cancel]

There are no shortcuts to using a programmable remote. You need to create a macro as Pepper has detailed. You may need to insert pauses between the strokes.

The rest is up to you following the instructions on the third party remote (the DISH remote isn't capable of macros).

To the OP: the least number of keystrokes I could come up with was 12 not 8. What kind of remote are you trying to program?

This is the sequence that should be a single button press on the remote:
[menu 8 7 1 left select right select cancel cancel cancel cancel]
Use view to eliminate the cancel sequence to 9 strokes, 8 how?

Note, the sequence is a toggle because the button selected in 871-left is the opposite of the current state--too bad this is not true of more menus. Thus you do not need separate sequences for on and off.

-Ken

the "view" thing works great, I was under the assumption it would actually go to "live" but apparently not, in the case where you use it to exit from a menu.

Still way too many button presses for such an essential function.

So the first thing you do to program a remote is realize that there's a higher power in the universe? Cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)