Dish charged me $200 for 'upgrade' when I moved!

aamert

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 30, 2006
I moved from IL to TX and moved my account with me. Now Dish Net is charging me $199.95 for 'upgrading the equipment'..

I packed my 625 DVR and called Dish to come and install the dish at the new location. I was receiving international channels, locals and America's 100, at my old location using Dish 500.

Now I have the same international channels, locals and Welcome pack.

I don't see where the upgrade is? And even if there was a fee to reinstall the dish at my new location, I wasn't informed of it at the time i requested change of address.

Has anyone been through something similar. I am sick and tired of Dish net's excessive pricing and random fees but I have no option but to keep them for international channels.

On top of that, the installed dish is not getting channels from 118 . :/

aamert

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 30, 2006
I have spoken to 7 different people. I have asked to be transferred to their supervisors and they keep dropping my calls in between transfers or while on hold.
The charge is listed as 'D500+kit' on my bill.

They say the charge is installing the dish that supports getting the international channels i want. Well, I was getting the same channels before I moved on D500. and even if there was a charge, they didn't inform me of it when I made the change of address/location call.

Last edited:

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
Here's what it say about the DishMover at Dish's site:

Moving? Get Satellite DISH Installation at Your New Address

Free DishMOVER valid through 9/28/10. Charges may apply for installations requiring additional equipment and for select account types. Limited to existing residential DISH Network subscribers. Existing residential DISH Network subscribers who reside in Puerto Rico should contact their participating authorized DISH Network Retailer for similar offers. Offer is subject to change without notice. © 2010, DISH Network L.L.C. All rights reserved.

To get the free Dishmover you have to recommit, so if you didn't you are paying for the antenna and install, I guess. I can't believe the additional equipment charge for a 500+ is $200. It used to be $50 for a Dish 500.

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
A couple of suggestions:

First exactly what dish configuration did you have installed at your old location and what is at your new location? That might help those that know give you better answers.
Second. Never "Call" Dish. Only use on line chat as you can not only save a copy of the transcript but also have a copy e-mailed to you when the chat is done. You must do this before you close the chat window or it is lost though. This will protect you, or at least prove you aren't trying to get over on DISH, in the event you are given bad info
Third. While you may never get the answer you are looking for, if the answers you are getting don't sound correct. DO another chat, you will get a different csr. Dish CSR's are poorly trained, in my experience, and often just don't bother to read everything in the script. If they go off script yo uwill often get bad info. Example I recently had a CSR tell me I needed a Eastern Arc Dish with sat 129 to receive all the HD's I was signed up for. Well two obvious problems with that for me were I can not see 129 from my location and the EA dish does not include 129, so the CSR had no clue.
Fourth DO you have DHPP? If you do, and I do agree by all indications this should have cost you nothing provided there was nothing unusual or out of the ordinary for the install, if you have DHPP I would think it would still only cost $15.00 not $200.

Take a deep breath log on to Dishnetwork.com, get one of there wonderful CSR's in a chat and calmly go through the issues. Remember to save the chat before you close the window and e-mail you self a copy too. If you don't get a satisfactory resolution try again. If this doesn't work e-mail ceo@dishnetwork.com

Good Luck and let us know how it works out

Ross

tulsa agent

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 25, 2010
tulsa
if he was charged 199.95 it was for a dish500+ or a dish 1000+. all dishmovers with a "+" dish get that charge, no matter what. even if you bring your old "+" dish and switch with you, we cannot adjust it off. OP said he had a dish 500 at last location, and he had international programming. im assuming he had a d500+, not a d500. only international on d500 is RAItalia and ZEEsports with a few other solos. no packages though.

what international programming do you have?

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
if he was charged 199.95 it was for a dish500+ or a dish 1000+. all dishmovers with a "+" dish get that charge, no matter what. even if you bring your old "+" dish and switch with you, we cannot adjust it off. OP said he had a dish 500 at last location, and he had international programming. im assuming he had a d500+, not a d500. only international on d500 is RAItalia and ZEEsports with a few other solos. no packages though.

They should have told him before the move, don't you think? :(

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
The new E never a fee we didnt like:(

No doubt they know they can get away with this for the international channels since often theres no competition:(

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Sounds like an example of a CSR not knowing to me. When are you leaving E*?

Sounds like you're wrong. When are you leaving E*?

MSoper72

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 1, 2010
Texas
I got that same charge when I did the dish movers from my old house to my new one. I had them install the D1000+ kit. When I got my bill and noticed the charge as well. I then politely sent an email to the ceo @ echostar . com. They replied and took the charge off of my bill. Plus they explained why I had originally gotten the charge. The dish movers does not include the D500+ or D1000+ kits. It covers the basic install with either a D1000.2 or D500 kits. I'm not sure about the new EA D1000.4 kits.

Last edited:

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
Why would E* think anyone would want to stay with them with that kind of charge for moving? Do they not have free Dishmovers with commitment for any 500+ or 1000+ subscribers? The web site I linked above makes no specific mention of exceptions for plus antennas that I can see. It must be the part that says some account types -- international accounts need not apply.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
DishMovers for Dish 500+ and Dish 1000+ antennas are $100 for Plan A and Plan B customers and $200 for Plan C customers..

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Apparently you are a Plan C customer in which case you would have been charged $100 if you were only doing a regular Dish 500 or Dish 1000.2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)