Dish + Charter partnership

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yomama

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Atlanta (swburbs)
A few weeks ago I received a promo in the mail as a Dish sub to get Charter internet+phone for $50 a month. I usually just toss those in the junk mail, but I decided to investigate further. Charter said it is not a promo price but is $50 + tax a month ongoing....we shall see. I ended up dumping slow AT&T DSL and local phone for a savings of over $15 a month. I get a consistent 18/3 speed on the internet and also have unlimited long distance. Seems like a decent deal so far :)

Has anyone else tried Charter ?

I have Dish & Charter as well and am very happy with my speed compared to DSL. However, I think Charter phone is over priced, so I got Verizon home phone connect for $10/month and still have phone service if my cable goes out. There are lots of phone solutions cheaper/better than Charter.

I have Dish + U-verse Internet + POTS. POTS is a ripoff these days but I'm reluctant to rely on VoIP (plus I have cell phones.) I also received the Charter "promo" from Dish, I plan on doing it eventually, but since U-verse doesn't have caps at the moment then it is much more appealing. Got the 24/3 and very happy with it. Soon will have 36/3 or 48/6 if/when AT&T releases it. Unless they implement caps by then, in which case I will switch to Charter.

Last edited:
Charter Internet where I live is freaking awesome. So many bandwidth increases over time at little to no cost to me. Here's what I'm at currently:
1711950713.png

I can't recommend Charter more if they provide good service in your area.

Oh and BTW, they have consistently provided the second best/fastest Netflix experience since Netflix started releasing that data.

Charter Internet where I live is freaking awesome. So many bandwidth increases over time at little to no cost to me. Here's what I'm at currently:
1711950713.png

I can't recommend Charter more if they provide good service in your area.

Oh and BTW, they have consistently provided the second best/fastest Netflix experience since Netflix started releasing that data.
WOW! DustoMan that is some nice speed. My charter is like yomama's-24.39d 3.12u. I had charter phone, TV, and internet until last June. Dropped phone went Skype. Dropped TV and went Dish. Kept the charter internet 'cuz it was the best in my area. Saved a bundle with this set up. Best part of the charter internet is a few TV channels still "leak" into my system, so a little extra. Helps when on a network station and it rains and Dish goes by, by, can go back to Charter TV and see what I was watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts