Dish Chat News!!!

Can't remember if it was a Q&A somewhere on the site or a post from Scott, but the reason why they went with 3 tuners was because the only two hardware options available to them when they were spec'ing out the hardware was 3 or 8. Eight would have added more cost than they were willing to do at the time. Six wasn't an option. The way technology iterates now days, I can see a 6 tuner box. And given how flexible this new software OS is, it shouldn't be hard to do.

Or better yet, let's make the Hopper "headless" with 6 tuners and put Joeys all throughout the house.

Uhhj what channel is charlie chat on??? I know it use to be on 101....thanks!
The chat that this thread is about is a "Retailer Chat" as opposed to a "Charlie Chat". I don't recall that there has been a "Charlie Chat" for over a year (maybe close to two) now.

We should of seen a 6 tuner hopper from the Start like I said last year ,when they came out with the entire concept. One hopper with three tuners is not enough for most two person households, much less 3 or 4.

The hopper is the fastest announcement to delivery receiver that I can remember from Dish. They essentially got the product out the door fast by punting anything that made it hard.

We should of seen a 6 tuner hopper from the Start like I said last year ,when they came out with the entire concept. One hopper with three tuners is not enough for most two person households, much less 3 or 4.
Unless the two person household is overly TV addicted, one hopper should be plenty, espicially with PTAT and the fact that most cable shows are repeated. Would be more than sufficient for my wife and I.

There are times I'm using both Dish tuners plus the ota tuner on my 722 and both the Dish and ota tuners on my 211 for recording. Rare but it does happen.

I find, specifically on Sunday, that I am using all 3 tuners on the Hopper and watching OTA directly to the TV....

Unless the two person household is overly TV addicted, one hopper should be plenty, espicially with PTAT and the fact that most cable shows are repeated. Would be more than sufficient for my wife and I.

Hi, my name is Navychop and I'm .......

It is rare, but it has happened, that we have maxed our 4 sat tuners. But mostly, 2 Hoppers means redundancy. If I went with a 1H/1J, I'd be inclined to get a purchased ViP211K. But then the EHDs would not be compatible. No, a 2H/0J or 2H/1J is more appropriate for us.

The bottom line is there should be a minimum of 1 live tuner per tv aside of recording capabilities.
Imo leased receivers up to 6 tuners should be included without a fee in a 2 yr contract.

Nope. Just typical household with regular viewing habits.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

My wife likes HGTV and Ghost shows , and pawn brokers. I like regular tv shows, political shows, and movies. My son likes cartoon shows. One hopper is not enough for us, when we are all home watching tv . Everyone wants to watch something else and my wife complains that the hopper is turning her show so she can't watch anything. Two hoppers eliminates most of these conflicts.

We are a family of four, and we have a two hopper/one Joey set up. It has worked out well with no issues. Though I think there would have been some recording conflicts/live tv if I would have went with the 1 hopper/two Joey that was recommended. But with research and the discussion here at the board I had good info

With the hoppers being able to share recordings now as well, The two Hopper/one Joey is a perfect set up for our viewing needs and we have no conflicts for live tv at all

There are only 2 of us in our household. I prefer sports and my wife prefers primetime network tv. We both love movies. Many of our married friends have the same viewing patterns as us. We currently have a 722 with 4 tuners( 2 Dish and 2 OTA) and a 622 with 3 tuners( 2 Dish and 1 OTA). Even 2 Hoppers( 6 tuners) don't match the current 7 tuners. Without locals in HD we do not get the advantage of PTAT. Until Dish comes up with OTA for the hopper or a 6 tuner Hopper, we see no need to move from what we have.There are many days of the week we have all tuners in use 5 recording and 2 for watching. We watch what we record at night during the daytime. We tend to find nothing worth watching on normal daytime TV.

I just thought I would confirm the price break on the 2nd Hopper as of yesterday. I ran 2 new 2 Hopper systems and it showed the discount when I set up the accounts.

The hopper is the fastest announcement to delivery receiver that I can remember from Dish. They essentially got the product out the door fast by punting anything that made it hard.
Like that's never been done before?

The DVRs that came out in the early 2000s all had expansion buses that were never utilized.

jlahmeyer said:
I have tried searching for Dish Chat and can't find it in the listings. When does it come on and what channel?

You won't find this unless you are a retailer. The chat is the dish retailer chat. Luckily the retailers here do a recap for us with news and info that we as customers would like to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

DP 013 Receiver SD MPEG 2 and MPEG4 Satellites ?

any way to force guide update or timer schedule rebuild?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)