DISH chat reps are clueless

jmjunkin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I have used the online chat 2 times this week. The first time was to inquire about Big Ten Network Hd. I wanted to know what package it would be in for those of us not in the 8 Big Ten states. I told him in was in free preview right now but that would soon change and I wanted to what package the HD version would be put in. He had no clue. He first told me it was not in free preview and it was on channel 439. I told him I know I have been watching it for months now. He response was "great". I finally gave up with him as he had no clue. Tonight, I chatted again about downgrading from AEP to DVR Advantage with 250 bonus pack. I asked if I would still get NBA TV Hd. He told me no that I would have to get the Multi-sport pak. I asked him if he was sure because when NBA TV Hd was launched it said it was available to those with AT 100 and DISH HD. I told him nevermind for the moment as I would keep what I had for now. I am pretty sure I am right about NBA TV HD plus we should get it with the HD Ultimate package. Just thought it was funny that they seem to be less knowledgeable about there programming than I am and I get my info from SAT GUYS!

Last edited:
Most of the time csr's online or on the phone will not know anything until changes are made in the system.

They dont get that much training. When I was there(ex employee) i would get a training crap called "ELM"

Echo Learning ..I forgot the other one..

Its a system that tells you the "training"
then you take a multiple choice.

Its very ineffective.. you cant ask it questions.

We used to have trainings in a training room and you can interact and ask the trainers.. now.. information changes SO fast that they would just send us updates. kinda dumb that we were available for a long time and they would not want to give us any training. Go figure huh.

I think this site is the most helpful resource for information. Theres things that I myself didnt even know!

I think this site is the most helpful resource for information. Theres things that I myself didnt even know!

I agree...this is a great site. But all of the information we get HERE is useless if you can't get the CSR to "see" it or understand. Which is why I wish there were more change/add/delete options on the DISH website. I could make the changes myself.

Eric

Its not all reps.. its most of the reps phillipines, they are SO SO CLUELESS.. i always ask for the spanish tech line and they know how to help me.. they know english.

There was a story going around where charlie called for his account , got a rep from the phillipines and couldnt get any help .. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)