Dish Chat Said $42.86 for Flex + Hopper(or)Wally!!!!

vcr1980

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
This is a followup to my thread asking how much the Flex Pack would be with nothing else.

I talked to Dish via their Chat feature and they said the Flex Pack is 39.99.
I then asked how much the Wally would be per month (and I asked if there was a non-dvr fee) as so many have mentioned. They said there was no fee. They also said there would be no fee for the hopper either.

They said for 39.99 a month plus taxes of $2.87 = $42.86 that I could have Flex Pack and a Hopper.

So what fine print am I missing! Their website says Flex is only 34.99 a month. So they must be building it in somehow.

In any event, I would be up for paying 40 bucks for a good chunk of TV. Thanks.

This is a followup to my thread asking how much the Flex Pack would be with nothing else.

I talked to Dish via their Chat feature and they said the Flex Pack is 39.99.
I then asked how much the Wally would be per month (and I asked if there was a non-dvr fee) as so many have mentioned. They said there was no fee. They also said there would be no fee for the hopper either.

They said for 39.99 a month plus taxes of $2.87 = $42.86 that I could have Flex Pack and a Hopper.

So what fine print am I missing! Their website says Flex is only 34.99 a month. So they must be building it in somehow.

In any event, I would be up for paying 40 bucks for a good chunk of TV. Thanks.

The 'built-in' $5 is the non DVR fee which happens to be the same amount as the Hopper Duo DVR fee for new customers for the first 24 months.

After the first 24 months the Hopper Duo will cost $10 a month instead of $5 but the non DVR fee will stay at $5, or so we're told. :)

The 'built-in' $5 is the non DVR fee which happens to be the same amount as the Hopper Duo DVR fee for new customers for the first 24 months.

After the first 24 months the Hopper Duo will cost $10 a month instead of $5 but the non DVR fee will stay at $5, or so we're told. :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! That means I'll just get the Wally then. THANK YOU! It is so funny how they just don't tell you these things! Funny really because I don't mind paying 5.00 for the Wally. I like to KNOW what is going on though! Thank you thank you!

I talked to Dish via Chat. They confirmed that the fee for Wally is 7.00 and the fee for Hopper is 10.00.
For the first two years, either one is 5.00 (as JSheridan wisely said).
So, after two years, the Wally wold mean 2.00 more and the Hopper would mean 5.00 more.

I talked to Dish via Chat. They confirmed that the fee for Wally is 7.00 and the fee for Hopper is 10.00.
For the first two years, either one is 5.00 (as JSheridan wisely said).
So, after two years, the Wally wold mean 2.00 more and the Hopper would mean 5.00 more.

We're told that the $5 fee will continue after the first 2 years because they don't charge a first receiver fee. What that means is that there's no $7 fee for the first Wally but the $5 fee stays. I guess we won't know for sure until the new fee is 2 years old. :)

This is why I haven't bought anything yet. I really dislike these games. As, I have said before, I DO NOT care how much they charge me for a DVR or a non-DVR or whatever you want to call it. BUT I DO CARE NOT KNOWING and not being able to make my own informed decision.

If they sold a straight up: 50.00, 70.00, 90.00 package. I'd actually be more willing to buy the 90.00 one if I knew it was 90 going in. Right now, I feel like I have no idea what is going on and that doesn't sit well with me at all. So, I guess it is netflix at 6 bucks a month for a long time to come.

Reactions: tetrode
This is why I haven't bought anything yet. I really dislike these games. As, I have said before, I DO NOT care how much they charge me for a DVR or a non-DVR or whatever you want to call it. BUT I DO CARE NOT KNOWING and not being able to make my own informed decision.

If they sold a straight up: 50.00, 70.00, 90.00 package. I'd actually be more willing to buy the 90.00 one if I knew it was 90 going in. Right now, I feel like I have no idea what is going on and that doesn't sit well with me at all. So, I guess it is netflix at 6 bucks a month for a long time to come.

The non DVR fee is new and the Dish CSR's don't seem to know exactly what's going on with it. As retailers we've been told that the $5 fee stays the same after the first 24 months if you get a Wally but goes up to $10 if you get a Hopper Duo. That's what we're telling our customers and we're pretty sure that's the way it's going to be.

How are you paying $6 a month for Netflix? I thought the going rate for the basic plan is $7.99 a month.

Netflix

The non DVR fee is new and the Dish CSR's don't seem to know exactly what's going on with it. As retailers we've been told that the $5 fee stays the same after the first 24 months if you get a Wally but goes up to $10 if you get a Hopper Duo. That's what we're telling our customers and we're pretty sure that's the way it's going to be.

How are you paying $6 a month for Netflix? I thought the going rate for the basic plan is $7.99 a month.

Netflix

Thank you so much for the information.

Netflix, 2 DVDs by mail per month, is 4.99 plus tax. It comes out to $5.39. Most TV shows have half a season on one DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts