Dish Cinema

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I saw that listed yesterday but looked this AM and it didn't record.

I was watching tv when the recording countdown in the bottom left hand corner of the screen began flashing. I went into the recording schedule and saw a 2 minute Dish setup, which I promptly cancelled.

Would that recording really have interrupted a recording I had in progress? I can't believe Dish would set themselves up for the angry reactions from their subs if they interrupted a recording...if it is just a nuisance recording that does not interfere with sub recordings, it's not a big deal.

It isn't the length. It isn't the inconvenience which really isn't that much. It's the entire idea that Dish SPAMS our DVRs. SPAM is what I object to in any form, whether it's to my computer, to my snail-mail box or to my DVR.

It isn't the length. It isn't the inconvenience which really isn't that much. It's the entire idea that Dish SPAMS our DVRs. SPAM is what I object to in any form, whether it's to my computer, to my snail-mail box or to my DVR.

Right on! It is SPAM. And Dish is taking advantage of the opportunity to SPAM DVR subs. Since they can't do this with regular receiver subs, the messages they send are obviously not required in order to view Dish channels or for any other valid reason. It's just an opportunity for Dish to get some free advertising under the guise of providing "program information." Pretty cheesy...

True, but better 2 minutes every now and then vs constantly on ads. Check out a Cable-Co DVR- full of ads (its horrible)

I mean, We're already paying for the service, you don't have to get even greedier!

Would that recording really have interrupted a recording I had in progress? I can't believe Dish would set themselves up for the angry reactions from their subs if they interrupted a recording...if it is just a nuisance recording that does not interfere with sub recordings, it's not a big deal.
Your DVR does have a priority setting. It's reasonable to expect that the ad would be set to like a 0 priority so that any other scheduled recordings would override it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts