Dish Class Action Law Suit?

Every year I hear that AT&T is going to buy Dish. Not going to happen unless Charlie wants to sell. He owns 51% of the stock and controls 80% of the votes. Much more likely hell would freeze over.

DUDE! Fix your quotes! I wasn't the one who said that. chicagonettech did. This is the exchange.

We can afford the changes, but I shudder to think what the increase in costs is going to be in February 2013. If they acquire AT&T, or as the most recent FCC filing suggests, AT&T acquires Dish, I am betting the costs will go through the ceiling.

Now, this is what I responded with:

You've been here long enough to know better than this. Every year the rumor comes around that AT&T is going to buy Dish. It never happens and probably never will. Dish is in the habit of BUYING companies, not being bought.

DUDE! Fix your quotes! I wasn't the one who said that. chicagonettech did. This is the exchange.

Now, this is what I responded with:

AT&T actually filed with the FCC to force Dish to expedite the wireless spectrum rollout as part of any purchase. That leads me to believe that there are at least legitimate talks between Dish and AT&T in progress.

See the following links for more information:

AT&T & Dish fight over spectrum, but will either build a network? — Broadband News and Analysis

An AT&T deal for Dish spectrum may require the telco to buy company, too - FierceIPTV

Is AT&T jockeying for Dish's wireless spectrum? | Signal Strength - CNET News

AT&T eyes Dish spectrum, says analyst | TelecomEngine.com

Formal talks or not, AT&T is poising themselves to make a move of some kind: either to take over/merge with Dish or to prevent Dish from going into competition with AT&T and the end result will be a lengthy legal battle which will end up costing the subscribers more money in the long run.

I don't have blockbuster and do miss Palladia HD (but not for $10/month) which I lost when it was moved into the Blockbuster package.

Sometimes things just go away in the packages and that's life. But, sometimes there are pleasant suprises also.

Free HD for life has fallen off my account a couple of times and I have had to call to have it put back on. Essentially it looks like the Dish computer in my case cannot handle HD for life with annual pay customers, both this year and last year HD went away when my package renewed. If it fell off his account he just has to call and have it put back on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)