Dish, clean up the guide!

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
The holidays are over, but the music channels that were repurposed for them are still at their remapped locations under their original names. It looks stupid. (Actually, it looked stupid during the holidays too, since they were in three different blocks instead of one.)

Also, there are two channels that say something along the lines of "tune in for coverage of upcoming satellite launches", but when you click on them they show up as $0.01 PPV events. What the heck are those there for?

Reactions: Bruno
The holidays are over, but the music channels that were repurposed for them are still at their remapped locations under their original names. It looks stupid. (Actually, it looked stupid during the holidays too, since they were in three different blocks instead of one.)

Also, there are two channels that say something along the lines of "tune in for coverage of upcoming satellite launches", but when you click on them they show up as $0.01 PPV events. What the heck are those there for?
Good Lord, just make a Faves list so you don't have to see something that apparently irritates you so much.

uplink report usually happens after 2:30pm CST or sometimes before dish can at least start rolling 4k already or get the rest of our channels that actually have HD feeds into our lineup :)

Good Lord, just make a Faves list so you don't have to see something that apparently irritates you so much.

I do, but somebody can't be bothered to make their own, so it gets left on All Channels all the time :)

But my main point was, like DishSubLA said, it looks like Dish doesn't care about their image or their user experience...

Have you guys ever seen a default channel list on DirecTV? Seems like a shopping channel on every page, in addition to the advertising banners.
Agree,
Don't complain about Dish until you've actually used Genie with its guide ads and banners all over the place.

my inlaws got direct and good gosh...I can't believe how trashy the default option is ... I know AT&T though...so I know where D* is headed...
I feel for all those Uverse TV folks who get bamfuzzled by the conglomerate telecom giant.

Reactions: dare2be
Tomorrow is Wednesday which means it's Prince Spaghetti... ummm I mean it's Uplink day. :)
They could have used last week's uplink day (1/4) to remove the music channels instead of waiting another week, just saying. Not that it bothers me any.

So you were the one who ruined it for those of us with lower packages who like the free preview of the regular formats of those channels. I was hoping Dish would forget to turn them off, and leave them there year-round.

They could have used last week's uplink day (1/4) to remove the music channels instead of waiting another week, just saying. Not that it bothers me any.
A few of those channels still had holiday music playing at that point. They switched formats on January 7. I kind of enjoyed the free preview of the formats they changed to. (Viva Mariachi, Chilltopia, and Mardi Gras) In years past, the AUD20 and MUZAK2 channels would just show the "music artist / title info not available" message, with no audio, if the preview lasted after the holiday music stopped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)