Dish coaxial cable problem! Help please!

cinnabun93

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
United States
Hi! I was watching TV on the couch and my cat jumped and fell of my entertainment stand and the tv went out. I went behind and I saw my coaxial cable was bent and out. I am wondering where I can get a high quality new one. I'm not sure if I can fix it or not. My cat is a 22lb bengal tabby mix lol.

What exactly has been damaged? Is it just the cable itself? If so it might be possible to simply replace the cable.

Did the cable pull out of the connector? You could just try pushing it back on for now.

The coaxial rg6 cable that goes into the wall and into the 722 receiver.

Pushing the cable back into a crimp connector is iffy but it's worth a shot until you can replace the connector.

You can find inexpensive connectors you can crimp with a pair of pliers (the type with a separate ring) but that's not as good as using a connector with integral crimp sleeves and a crimper. Make sure you get the correct connector as the ones for RG-59 won't work with RG-6 and visa versa.

Check at Radio Shack for connectors and a crimp tool. There are also lots of on-line sources.

You also could just by a 6 foot piece of coax.. With the connections already made..Probably cost about the same.. Just make sure it is RG-6 and not RG-59..

Hi! I was watching TV on the couch and my cat jumped and fell of my entertainment stand and the tv went out. I went behind and I saw my coaxial cable was bent and out. I am wondering where I can get a high quality new one. I'm not sure if I can fix it or not. My cat is a 22lb bengal tabby mix lol.

Never mind the damn cable. I want to see a picture of that CAT!