DISH Comcast Dispute?

>Contract expiring
>Comcast says channels will go off unless new contract is negotiated
>Dish throws a tantrum, makes vague claims of "breach of contract"
>Channels have to stay on until Dish's claim is investigated, regardless if baseless or not

At least have the information correct. DISH is invoking the FCC law/rule, not vague in anyway. This isn't the same as a dispute with a company that does not also have a Cable company, as an example Viacom is a different kind of dispute. Further wrong that the channels stay still "claim" is investigated. They stay period and an arbitrator will arbitrate the contract.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
How is this baseless? Their contract reads that they cannot warn that channels will be removed(either party) until within 72 hours of expiration. That would be the 17th. When did the scrolling start? Prior to Thirsday, that's for damn sure. Also, there is no claim to be investigated. Comcast doesn't have the authority to remove channels, if dish opts for arbitration, as prescribed by the state department and the FCC. Sounds like you are going in this biased already. Comcast are the sleaze balls here, without doubt. And just a reminder, those claims that Dish was going to drop them... Also a lie. Comcast would have been the only one that could have removed them if they didn't get the price they wanted, but that wouldn't serve their purpose. Everything they said was about as truthful and correct as what you find on their MSNBC... The fact that we are arguing this is asinine... Here, just for your reading pleasure, I'll leave this:
http://deadline.com/2016/03/dish-ne...ation-settle-dispute-nbcuniversal-1201722943/
Why are you bringing MSNBC into this? Also Rachel Maddow > other talking heads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was nothing political about MSNBC. It was a statement that they are wrong on a frequent basis, and purposefully put out wrong info... Just like Comcast. Never said anything political. Comcast owns MSNBC, and they both are doing the same thing... No cheap shot, is an observation.

To Sam, yes, I have corrected people that agree with me, and continue on with incorrect statements. Bias blinders do not help any conversation, even if they agree with me. Actually, when people agree with me but refuse to see the other side, it hurts my argument, not helps.

Reactions: JSheridan
>Contract expiring
>Comcast says channels will go off unless new contract is negotiated
>Dish throws a tantrum, makes vague claims of "breach of contract"
>Channels have to stay on until Dish's claim is investigated, regardless if baseless or not
Did you even read the pdf earlier in this thread? Comcast violated the terms of their agreement. What do want Dish to do, just pay whatever ridiculous increase that Comcast is asking for? Let prices continue to escalate?

I am so glad that Dish stands up to Comcast! I hope that Comcast has to pay for violating the terms of their agreement! Comcast are sleazeballs in my opinion.

Reactions: Tampa8
Did you even read the pdf earlier in this thread? Comcast violated the terms of their agreement. What do want Dish to do, just pay whatever ridiculous increase that Comcast is asking for? Let prices continue to escalate?

None of know how much of a increase Comcast is asking for or how much Dish is offering, it might not be that ridiculous, as far as we know Dish wanted to cut the rate or maybe Comcast want a extra .02 cents a channel.

Also Dish might regret asking for arbitration if they rule in Comcast favor and the increase is big.

Reactions: Mr Tony and Troch77
Probably not, as whatever decision is made for Dish will affect every other provider as their contracts come for renewal. I can almost guarantee one condition in the NBC contract will be a rate match when others come for renewal.

To Sam, yes, I have corrected people that agree with me, and continue on with incorrect statements. Bias blinders do not help any conversation, even if they agree with me. Actually, when people agree with me but refuse to see the other side, it hurts my argument, not helps.
I agree with you. But there are plenty of bias examples on this board (I'm assuming others also). I rarely see people called out when they are part of the majority.

Reactions: Troch77
Lol. Watch my posts Sam. I will. Then again I am here so rarely lately. Bias is bad no matter the side it is on. And to be frank, the majority has been wrong on a consistent basis(not to be political but since an election year, look what's happening now).

Reactions: KAB
I agree with you. But there are plenty of bias examples on this board (I'm assuming others also). I rarely see people called out when they are part of the majority.
Also, if the majority is wrong using baseless information or bias, then I will call it out too.

Lol. Watch my posts Sam. I will. Then again I am here so rarely lately. Bias is bad no matter the side it is on. And to be frank, the majority has been wrong on a consistent basis(not to be political but since an election year, look what's happening now).

Also, if the majority is wrong using baseless information or bias, then I will call it out too.
I'll be sure to look for you both to post at the next threat of blackout when folks call the station owners "greedy" then. ;) That is baseless (We have no idea what is being asked, what the arrangements were in the past, what other providers are paying, what Dish is asking for, whether each side is negotiating in good faith, etc.) and biased (Dish must be in the right, the station owners must be wrong).

Reactions: Tyralak and Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)