Sports bar mode is here

So far I'm only seeing the "Sports Mosaic" College Sports Multi-View with 6 window(s) that I already had. I have the new U307 - if it's supposed to be part of that, I don't have it - I don't think. Darn. Maybe the new "Sports Bar" Mode only works with 4K TV's or is there something else I have to do to activate?

Last edited:
Maximize the apps and you will see sports bar experience.
8587d90ab1ca2420db316df680177e39.jpg
549772d84e997dfb26cea0a5d045e333.jpg
0bbe2ec0c23cbd319b5566ccbe0e44c9.jpg
13f6a9f3f48b162977ab8a864e201594.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Hmmm, I played with this and somehow confused it. I had three quadrants showing channels, but the upper-right was blank. When I moved over it and pressed "Select" it went to a bank screen, no tuners active when I brought up the Tuners screen. Has anyone else seen that?

After I managed to exit that weirdness, when I tried MultiView again, I got the current channel in the upper-left, then three copies of the Hopper Helpful Tips in the other three quadrants. This time I arrowed into each quadrant, typed in the channel # of the local morning news, and had my own Situation Center going on! Cool!

U307
Sportsbar multiview,
Accessed via pip menu,
I can change each of the 4 windows to any chanel.
:)
Audio dropouts about every 30sec on each of the 4 windows.
:(

I call it the Breaking News or like some one else said the Situation Room mode.
Its not just for sports. Its for News, Hurricane, Tornado, Election coverage.
They can remove Channel 100 now and use the space for some thing else. This replaces it, in my mind.
-
Up Next, Live right here . . . . :) I hope they make favorite buttons so I can hit one menu button to bring up my favorite news channels or favorite sports channels all on the screen.

DISH ‘Sports Bar Mode’ on Hopper 3
DISH Network has added Sports Bar Mode, also known as MultiView, to Hopper 3 customers nationwide ahead of NCAA tournament first-round games. Sports Bar Mode is a multi-channel view that divides a 4K or HD TV screen into quadrants, each with the ability to display a different programme. The feature works by decoding any four different feeds and displaying them simultaneously.
http://advanced-television.com/2016/03/17/dish-sports-bar-mode-on-hopper-3/

This thing is AWESOME!!! Has been working flawlessly for me for about 45 minutes now. You can even pause, Rew, FF, each box individually! PLUS the PQ of each picture is far better than I expected on HDTV. Way to go Dish! Knocked it out of the park on this one! Now I just have to get a bigger TV. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rixos and Brodieb
Love the Sports Bar Mode. Only question is are you all being asked to unlock receiver before getting into it? Also would be nice if DISH enables PIP on 4K Joey for March Madness!

I like if you hit select to go full screen, you can then hit input to go back to multi view (one click). Sweet.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)