Sports bar mode is here

Yeah I have a 4k tv but i dont understand what you mean by does the picture switch? When you use sports bar mode, it shows 4 screens with each screen displaying content in 1080p.
The Dish ui and regular programing is in 1080i. Sports bar Mode should display in 4k if your tv is 4k as well. A switch in display mode should happen.

If you were sitting close to your TV you might. The difference between 1080i and 4k would be noteworthy I'm hoping...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yeah you can notice 4k when it is taking up the entire screen. When split into 4, each individual screen is 1080p according to dish.

"Here’s how it works: you choose which four channels you’d like to view on your 4K TV screen, and DISH divides the screen into quadrants, each with the ability to display a different program in 1080 HD."

I'm sorry - brain fart - due to not being in front of the tv.
Go to any channel and hit the select button. You will then see the the option for multiview.
And with the 40.0 remote it's the "PIP" button at the bottom, then "multiview" - same idea and probably obvious

For some reason my 4k TV wont display this mode. All I get is no signal when I do multiview. I have to turn the hopper off and back on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

For some reason my 4k TV wont display this mode. All I get is no signal when I do multiview. I have to turn the hopper off and back on.

Make sure you're plugged into the HDMI port on your TV that supports 4K. The same thing happened on my SONY TV when it was plugged into the ARC HDMI port. It played 4K VOD but when i tried MultiView it went to No Signal. I plugged it into HDMI 1 and now it works great.

It was in a 4K ARC port, swapped it, reboot and it only works once. In other words as soon as I reboot and try it out it's fine. Once I exit and try again it goes back to no signal. Also Netflix isn't in 4K either. I can, however, play 4K from VOD just fine.

Same issue here. Brand new Sharp Aquos 4k tv. Had H3 in HDMI 1 it was noted as the ARC HDMI, swapped to HDMI 2 and still blank "no signal" screen. I can display small PIP, large PIP and side by side PIP but multiview goes to a blank screen with full audio of the channel I as watching.
Total HDMI Input(s): 4
ARC (Audio Return Channel): Yes (HDMI 1)
HDCP 2.2: Yes (supports all HDMI input)
MHL®: Yes (HDMI 3)
Tried in all 4 ports now and same result, no signal. I am on U308

I've got a Sharp 4K TV also. H3 now connected to HDMI 2 on TV. Yesterday multi-view, Netflix and 4K video worked.

Today multi-view is working just fine. Went to do it, picked some channels. Then closed it out, and then went back into multi-view. No problem.

4K VOD is also working just fine.

Just no 4K Netflix today after the U308 update that happened last night.

On the Sharp. Can't figure out why the HDMI 1 wouldn't work fine as all ports on the Sharp are 4K and HDCP 2.2 capable.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

I should also note that I just received U308 last night. I don't know if this worked on U307 or not since I didn't notice the install had happened.

Same issue here. Brand new Sharp Aquos 4k tv. Had H3 in HDMI 1 it was noted as the ARC HDMI, swapped to HDMI 2 and still blank "no signal" screen. I can display small PIP, large PIP and side by side PIP but multiview goes to a blank screen with full audio of the channel I as watching.
Total HDMI Input(s): 4
ARC (Audio Return Channel): Yes (HDMI 1)
HDCP 2.2: Yes (supports all HDMI input)
MHL®: Yes (HDMI 3)
Tried in all 4 ports now and same result, no signal. I am on U308

I have a Visio and noticed that only HDMI 5 supports 4K at 60Hz. You might check to see if your inputs are 60Hz or 30Hz. The VOD are 4K 30Hz but Netflix (on 307) and Sports Bar mode were pushing it out at 60Hz. The only way I could get Netflix and Sports bar in 4K was by switching to my 60Hz input. 308 seems to have broken 4K Netflix.

Working fine for me so far. I use it for severe weather coverage, meaning I put all four channels on the four networks. When severe weather is imminent they all run a coverage with interruptions for commercials. This way I have no interruptions in coverage, as I can just see and choose the best one at one glance. I don't watch sports, except Formula 1 and Indycars.

I have a Visio and noticed that only HDMI 5 supports 4K at 60Hz. You might check to see if your inputs are 60Hz or 30Hz. The VOD are 4K 30Hz but Netflix (on 307) and Sports Bar mode were pushing it out at 60Hz. The only way I could get Netflix and Sports bar in 4K was by switching to my 60Hz input. 308 seems to have broken 4K Netflix.
I also have a Vizio and input 5 is 60hz. I ran it through my receiver which all hdmi inputs are 60hz capable and same thing. Just a black screen.

Does anyone with U308 have working sports bar mode?

Yes, it works great here on a SONY TV on HDMI 1 and component.

I think the problem is that some 4K TV's are not working right when it switches into 4K MultiView. If you've tried all the different HDMI inputs on your TV and it still doesn't work then you can use component. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)