Dish ( Comcast SportsNet Chicago not in HD)

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
I know Comcast SportsNet Chicago is available in HD. But, I just received an e-mail from Dish saying it isn't and they do not know if or when it will be available.

All Comcast SportsNet Chicago broadcasts of Cubs and White Sox games ( home and away ) will be in HD this season. I sent an e-mail to CSN asking if the games on CSN+ will be in HD and if Dish will carry the games in HD.

I got the following reply from Comcast, " Please check with your television provider with regard to this question. We anticipate Dish Network will carry our games including overflow games (CSN+) in HD".

I sent an e-mail to Dish asking about the CSN+ games being in HD.

Dish responded by stating " We do not have the schedule available for the MLB Package."

( Does Dish have the MLB Package?)

I sent Dish a second e-mail explaining I am not asking about the MLB Package. I want to know if the overflow games on Chicago Comcast Sportsnet Plus will be in HD.

The reply from Dish is a classic. " Specific information regarding Comcast SportsNet Chicago in HD is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when that will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department."

My last e-mail to Dish advised them that they in fact do have Comcast SportsNet Chicago in HD. I even let them know the channel number. I told them I just noticed channels 444,445 and 446 - HD Sports Alternates and perhaps they can put the overflow HD games on one of those channels.

I guess I'm wasting my time corresponding with Dish Customer Service. They do not have a clue.

When spring rolls around and CSN+ broadcasts its first game in HD then I will find out if Dish will have it in HD

hope this helps you

i have watched cubs games and my wife has watched sox's games (yea constant taunting since 05) in HD last year when CSN came out in hd on dish.. now not all games were televised on the hd side but on sd side they were. the only problem i had was watching them on wgn or wciu ota on hd, some games had them black bars on the side. i think all they did was up converted to hd signal from sd... i hate that...

hope this helps... unless you asking about black hawk games or bulls games.. i don't know haven't watched a bulls game since jordan left and well hockey i never got into it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts