dish commercials interrupting

Perhaps the OP is talking about the once an hour "local" Dish ad break running over into the next segment of the program. I've seen this happen occasionally and it is annoying.

I don't watch CNN much, but when I see it happening on channels like ESPN, I usually see a split second of the end of the commercial they are overlaying...

it has been very annoying, CNN could be interviewing someone and then out of nowhere the refer a friend to dish comes on. and of course the Ad is louder than CNN.

it has been very annoying, CNN could be interviewing someone and then out of nowhere the refer a friend to dish comes on. and of course the Ad is louder than CNN.

I have also complained about the ad being louder on FOX News also

Yes, being way too much louder AND clipping or interrupting or the Dish insert ads starting OVER the programming before the cutaway provided or ENDING TOO LATE and joining a program so that we MISS the beginning of that segment. I don't care if Dish has ad inserts for 3rd parties or themselves, just do it so it does NOT cut of or into programming.

Dish also made a big deal about the "technology" they implemented into their receivers that fixed this. I guess it only applies to non-Dish commercials ! :)

If they're talking about volume leveling it makes everything sound terrible and it's the first thing I turn off when I get new receivers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I don't know what it's called anymore, but they worked with (or licensed it from) Dolby. I turned it off in the past because my TV, from 2005, had the option and it worked great. If it was "on" both, it really acted funky. Commercials ended up so low you couldn't hear them.

Reminds me to look for it and check the setting when I get home...

I turned it off in the past because my TV, from 2005, had the option and it worked great. If it was "on" both, it really acted funky. Commercials ended up so low you couldn't hear them.

Wow! That sounds like a great feature. What TV has this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts