DISH Config for 921 & HD

O

odubman

Apr 29, 2004
I'm looking to get a DISH 921 receiver in the future, but wanted to understand what configuration of dish, LNBs, switches, coax runs, etc. would be required to provide HD programming to a dual tuner 921 receiver and regular programming to another non-HD single tuner receiver.

I believe my current configuration is a DISH 500 with two dual LNBs (one for 110 / one for 119) and two 21 switches to support two receivers.

From what I understand, DISH HD programming along with regular programming is coming off of Sats 110 and 119. Therefore, I don't think I need second dish, but I'm not sure. Or do I need to replace the DISH 500 with a SuperDish?

Also, to get the three outputs to support three tuners (2 for 921 receiver / 1 for single tuner receiver), I believe the best configuration is to replace my current config with a Quad DishPro LNB with three coax runs or use a Twin DishPro LNB with some type of switch to support three tuner inputs. Is this correct?

SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
If you do not need SuperDish or 61.5 or 148 for your locals (or CBS-HD), the easiest thing to do is get a Quad LNBF. Or, get an SW34 (3-in, 4-out) for your legacy LNBFs - but not all receivers support that config. Sorry, I don't remember for the 921 - it's late. As for DishPro, I don't remember when the DP34 is supposed to come out.

styxfix

styxfix

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Oct 7, 2003
Pacific Coast
odubman said:
I'm looking to get a DISH 921 receiver in the future, but wanted to understand what configuration of dish, LNBs, switches, coax runs, etc. would be required to provide HD programming to a dual tuner 921 receiver and regular programming to another non-HD single tuner receiver.

I believe my current configuration is a DISH 500 with two dual LNBs (one for 110 / one for 119) and two 21 switches to support two receivers.

From what I understand, DISH HD programming along with regular programming is coming off of Sats 110 and 119. Therefore, I don't think I need second dish, but I'm not sure. Or do I need to replace the DISH 500 with a SuperDish?

Also, to get the three outputs to support three tuners (2 for 921 receiver / 1 for single tuner receiver), I believe the best configuration is to replace my current config with a Quad DishPro LNB with three coax runs or use a Twin DishPro LNB with some type of switch to support three tuner inputs. Is this correct?

The easy solution would be to get a SW-64 switch. It would allow you to keep all your existing dual LNBs and if you needed to add a second dish in the future, this switch will support it. The DP-34 switch will only work with Dish Pro LNBs.