Dish confusion

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Well we were thinking about having E* installed but between the CSR I talked too and the local Dish installer things are not making to much sense.CSR tell me I need Dish 500,Installer says I need Dish 1000 all I want is the SilverHD pak no locals.If there is someone more knowledgiable than them,the help would be great.Zip here is 22840,Massanutten,VA(local PO is Mcgayesville)I thought that there was a lot on the old VOOM sat

You need a dish 1000. The installer is correct and that's just fine since he's installing it.

Doesn't sound good for me though,he said the the elevation is really low 22-24 degrees not sure that i can pull that off,even if I go on the roof(going up decreases the evelation) and I might not clear the tree tops.He did say that I could have 3 HDSTB's though (411?) were the CSR said only 2.

Well i signed up today with E* silver package with local,and am getting the dish 1000.I am in the DFW though.I was hoping to continue to use my Voom Box for Locals ,i dont know how that will work when i get my 622.

If the dish1000 doesn't work, they can put up a dish aimed at 61.5 (as well as a dish500 aimed at 110/119). You'd probably prefer to have a single dish. I'm not far from you, I'm hoping the single dish (dish1000) approach works for me.

branchbouncer said:
Doesn't sound good for me though,he said the the elevation is really low 22-24 degrees not sure that i can pull that off,even if I go on the roof(going up decreases the evelation) and I might not clear the tree tops.He did say that I could have 3 HDSTB's though (411?) were the CSR said only 2.

I have hit 61.5 from Seattle, with an elevation of 11.

Moving the dish from ground level to the peak of you roof is not going to affect the elevation AT ALL, the sats. are 25,000 MILES above the earth, moving the dish even 1000 feet above the ground has no affect on your elevation, my zip code area ranges from sea level to about 1200 feet and everyone gets the same elevation, so you should be able to hit the sat unless there is something in the way, such as a tree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts