Dish Could Be Droping More Channels Soon

At this website,

Better Terms and Conditions Direct TV or Dish Network?

I found this

Return Policy

If you are not satisfied and have not activated your system after 14 days of receipt of delivery, you will be responsible for shipping the system back to us via UPS or US Mail and it must be insured for $300. If we do not receive your system back you will be charged $330 for the first receiver and $100 for each additional receiver as outlined above. If you require that we pick up the package, no refund of any portion of your original payment will apply. Requests for cancellation will only be accepted for 60 days from the date of the initial order. There is a restocking charge of $30 on all equipment returned after 30 days and there are no refunds after 60 days from the date of receipt of your equipment.

But I didn't see anything like this Dish's web site, so that's probably not good.

F*ing Fox had a scroll during Sons of Anarchy whining about the dispute with Dish Network, pointing to the getwhatipaidfor site.

Fox - what I paid for is to see shows without a f*ing scroll during the program.

Amazingly hypocrisy...

F*ing Fox had a scroll during Sons of Anarchy whining about the dispute with Dish Network, pointing to the getwhatipaidfor site.

Fox - what I paid for is to see shows without a f*ing scroll during the program.

Amazingly hypocrisy...

I didn't see a scroll during Sons of Anarchy, but I recorded the repeat viewing because my cousin watched WWE NXT. That means I'll probably get one on Terriers though when I watch it.

Amazingly hypocrisy...

Yeah, I seen that too. Really burns me up. They put out a quality program and not only do they mess with your enjoyment while watching it, but then try to screw people by taking away that channel.

I hope this is settled before "Rescue Me" last season starts.

Ghpr13:mad:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the two RSNs in LA (FSN West and Primeticket) are among those being dropped? When I looked up local channels, it still listed these two as available in my area.

BTW, why does Dish's website require a complete address to look up locals, while Direct's only requires a zip code?

We don't know. They are still working on an agreement.

We may find out via press release tonight or see at midnight if the channels are removed.

Its an interesting game of chess being played.

Swanni's take on the FOX Dish fight

Commentary:
Fox vs. Dish: It's Not Their Fault
By Swanni

Washington, D.C. (September 30, 2010) -- Today is the last day that Fox and Dish Network can negotiate a new programming agreement allowing the satcaster to carry FX, National Geographic and 19 Fox regional sports networks. If a new agreement is not reached, Dish will be forced to remove the channels, both HD and SD, from its lineup.

In the last week, as the battle has escalated, Fox and Dish supporters have taken turns pointing fingers, blaming each side for the impasse. Fox has suggested that Dish is too cheap to pay a fair rate for the channels. And while Dish management has been oddly quiet during the fight, its supporters at Internet message boards have lambasted Fox, saying they are greedy.

Well, they're both wrong. Neither Fox or Dish should be blamed for the disagreement which is likely to deny Dish's 16 million viewers the right to watch some of their favorite channels.

Seriously, it's hard to blame them when you consider their positions. Fox wants more money for their channels; Dish wants to give less. What's hard to understand about that? It's just business.

So who is to blame?

The Federal Communications Commission.

This is not the first time that a network and TV provider has gone to war over programming fees. In fact, in the last year or so, there have been several fee fights that have resulted in either channels being pulled off the air or last minute agreements. (In June, Dish was forced to drop four Disney high-def channels when it could not reach a new carriage agreement with the programmer; the channels are still off the air.)

However, despite calls from congressional leaders to get involved in these fights, the FCC has sat on its hands. The agency, which has no trouble getting worked up over a televised nipple slip or a naughty word spoken on the radio at 6 a.m., has concluded that it's best for the free market to work out these issues.

Even if millions of American viewers are held hostage by these fee fights, the FCC doesn't seem to care. The agency won't get involved on behalf of the consumer.

It's a ridiculous, irresponsible position and one that could be easily reconciled. All the FCC needs to do is to establish a 'baseball-style' arbitration process for program fee disputes.

The FCC should force TV programmers and TV providers to enter arbitration if they can not reach an agreement one week prior to the end of a carriage agreement.

The arbitrator would determine how much the TV provider should pay for the programmer's channel after hearing arguments from both sides. And the channels would stay on the air until the arbitrator's decision is handed down.

I believe this is something the FCC and the Obama administration can order under existing federal law. But if it looks like the policy would be challenged in court, Congress could pass specific legislation to give it a legal boost.

Failure to implement a baseball-style arbitration at this time will only lead to more carriage battles -- and more times when consumers lose their favorite channels.

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Dish Could Be Droping More Channels Soon

The free marketer in me wants to disagree with Swanni's post. That said, quite honestly, I think this was a well-written piece that made me change my mind: Really, if, say, Baseball players and teams can go to arbitration, why can't programming providers like fox and programming deliverable services like Dish, Directv, Comcast, can't?

Maybe the way to go is to try to create a private organization, with both content providers and content deliverable companies represented, which would be responsible for these arbitrations, thereby leaving government out of these programming disputes. I mean, if it works in the MLB and NHL, why can't it work with Fox, Disney, Dish, comcast, etc?

TravelFan1 said:
The free marketer in me wants to disagree with Swanni's post. That said, quite honestly, I think this was a well-written piece that made me change my mind: Really, if, say, Baseball players and teams can go to arbitration, why can't programming providers like fox and programming deliverable services like Dish, Directv, Comcast, can't?
The free-marketer in me completely hates this. I would say it is a well-written piece, except...
However, despite calls from congressional leaders to get involved in these fights, the FCC has sat on its hands. The agency, which has no trouble getting worked up over a televised nipple slip or a naughty word spoken on the radio at 6 a.m., has concluded that it's best for the free market to work out these issues.

Even if millions of American viewers are held hostage by these fee fights, the FCC doesn't seem to care. The agency won't get involved on behalf of the consumer.

It's a ridiculous, irresponsible position and one that could be easily reconciled. All the FCC needs to do is to establish a 'baseball-style' arbitration process for program fee disputes.
The FCC has been given the authority to create and enforce rules regarding indecency, but the FCC has not been given the authority "to establish a 'baseball-style' arbitration process for program fee disputes."

So for as much this may be a well-written piece, it turns out the premise that the FCC has authority to create and enforce an arbitration process make it a well-written piece of...

Yeah, I seen that too. Really burns me up. They put out a quality program and not only do they mess with your enjoyment while watching it, but then try to screw people by taking away that channel.

I hope this is settled before "Rescue Me" last season starts.

Ghpr13:mad:

Are we sure it is DN putting up the scrolling? It appears to me it is a warning by ATT, DTV, and Comcast, that you may lose these channels so you better switch, after checking out the website.
Looks like a ploy of the competition. Maybe the other providers are paying Fox to run the scroll at their affiliates?

Normally Dish would just put out a bulletin saying we are unable to negotiate, the following channels will go of air...blah blah blah..or we have negotiated blah blah blah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)