Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Maybe Scott can shed some more light on this:

News Digest
Dish Network Could Lose Fox Programming
TVPredictions.com
Washington, D.C. (September 8, 2010) -- Dish Network subscribers apparently are facing the possibility of losing some Fox programming networks on October 1.

Some local Fox affiliates are now posting notices at their web sites saying that Dish may stop carrying Fox Sports, FX and National Geographic on October 1. And the satcaster could stop carrying the local Fox affiliates on November 1, the notices say.

If an agreement is not reached, it would mean that Dish viewers would lose everything from Fox's new fall season to regional sports broadcast by Fox Sports channels to Sons of Anarchy on FX.

While neither Fox or Dish Network have issued press releases, the notices would indicate that the two companies are having trouble negotiating a new carriage agreement.

Battles between TV providers and programmers have escalated in recent months with programmers asking for increases to carry their lineups. In June, Dish was forced to drop four Disney high-def channels when it could not reach a new carriage agreement with the programmer; the channels are still off the air.

See more below.

At MyFoxDFW.com, the web site for the Fox Dallas affiliate, WDFW, the warning notice says Dish subscribers should go to getwhatIpaidfor.com to get more information about the impasse. However, as of this afternoon, the web site had not been established.

The notice also says viewers can call 1-877-99-I-PAID for more information. The line was busy when called today several times by TVPredictions.com.

We have known that this renewal was coming for a long time now. This one is no surprise. We just sit and wait now.

I do think they will reach a deal before then though. :)

tigerfan33 said:
And the satcaster could stop carrying the local Fox affiliates on November 1, the notices say.

This would be true only in the cities in which Fox Television Stations owns the Fox affiliate. The article kind of makes it sound like all Fox affiliates.

Would be a real nice move to lose the Fox RSN during the college football season and the final MLB games with so many tight pennant races. I know who one ex Dish customer would be in a heartbeat.

BTW I hope that EVERY time it is time for a company to go to the table for a new deal with DISH or anyone else that these companies don't start this "You might lose your channels" BS before the real talks even start.

multi-path

As I said I also get WWOR no problem OTA. It is WNET, WLIW and WNJN I can get reliable for nothing. It will come in good some days but most of the time it just breaks up bad or I lose it completely. You believe this is with a outdoor antenna. The indoor got me WNET and WNJN better.

Sounds like you have a multi-path problem.

well if they do go away on Dish, i learn to watch the Fox Sunday lineup on Hulu or fox.com and watch all NASCAR programming on Speed on Justin.tv (which streams NASCAR stuff illegally BTW). and with SmackDown moving to Syfy after this month is over, why should i worry about missing the WWE on MyNetworkTV, and also i could watch SmackDown on Hulu or Youtube or WWE.com. and i could get my local news from NBC 5, WFAA 8, or even CBS 11. so i'm thinking ahead to the affects of this dispute and how it will be handle on my services.

but i hope they pull a Time Warner and get a deal done at the last minute (literally, they would sign a new deal at 11:59:59 PM on September 30th).

i really don't want Fox to pull away there channels, we don't want another Disney,or MSG dispute that will last long term, we lost Fuse and the Disney HD only channels and it looks like they aren't coming back real soon. plus we came close to fully losing The Weather Channel this year.

I have two ota FOX channels as well as distant Fox from AAD. I even have the dual tuner dish pal plus dvr for ota with guide data. So I don't care if they drop Fox off of DISH, I will be fine. I don't watch Fx other than Rescue me when it is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)