Dish Could Be Droping More Channels Soon

Why, Don't want people to think its a common trend?;)

When it is!:up

Dish is not dropping anything (nor droping ).

Dish offered to extend the contract of the channels temporarily while they are negotiating, ie keep paying the existing fees, but Fox refused.

So, Fox is dropping the channels, not Dish.

Dish offered to extend the contract of the channels temporarily while they are negotiating, ie keep paying the existing fees, but Fox refused.

So, Dish will be "dropping" our bills soon? :rolleyes:

I didn't want to combine the threads yet, due to the changes made on the DISH website, I felt it was newswothy to be its own thread so that people could see it as I felt that would have gotten lost if I combined it together with this thread.

However I do plan on merging it in now that its not as newsworthy.

With that said...

I just spoke to DISH Network about this issue and as told that officially, they are doing everything they can to work a deal to keep these channels on the air and it looks like it is going down to the wire.

We will keep you updated as things progress here at SatelliteGuys!

I hope fox goes under. I know that newscorp is losing revenue and is trying to make up for it by increasing carrier fees.

Yea, that'll solve it. Murdoch is just being an ass cause someones just as stubborn as he is. So be it. Just so I'm clear on why, fox is refusing to let dish carry on while they negotiate correct?
Whatever happened to that silly idea of the major networks wanting to charge for OTA stations?

Yea, Fox isn't leaving D* or Fios,att, or cable, So I guess Dish is dropping them since they don't want to pay.
Thats how that works.

Yea, Fox isn't leaving D* or Fios,att, or cable, So I guess Dish is dropping them since they don't want to pay.
Thats how that works.

No it is simply different contract expiration dates

Often the other providers wait for Dish to get the programmers to lower their prices, knowing that when their contract comes up for renewal, the programmers won't try to charge them more than they ended up charging Dish.

No it is simply different contract expiration dates

Often the other providers wait for Dish to get the programmers to lower their prices, knowing that when their contract comes up for renewal, the programmers won't try to charge them more than they ended up charging Dish.
Which is why, I as a DirecTV sub, am happy that Dish is indirectly fighting for Direct as well

Thats how that works.

DISH seems to take a hard-line approach with the programmers. The others will be dealing with Fox when their contract expires. I got lucky to get FiOS-proofed and that is where I view NatGeo. Hopefully this will be solved in days for everyone. Everyone should know that it is the programmers that are doling out large cost increases. It's DISH's turn with Fox and also separately ABC now.

Loophole to get distant networks if Fox local lost?

So what happens to subscribers who lose local FOX station on 11/1 (if it occurs) who CAN NOT receive OTA signal? Does that make us qualify to receive distant network that is not 'blacked out' due to the dispute?

I'm in ATL market and our Fox (Channel 5) is apparently one of the local stations that will get dropped. We live too far away from ATL to get an OTA signal... even with outdoor antenna. Well.. I did plot on antennaweb site and our antenna would have to be something like 150 feet in the air for minimal reception.. So.. No.. I'm not building a cell tower in my backyard.

Thats how that works.

The problem is that when the current contract expired, Fox was able to ask for more money. When the cable company's contract comes up for negotiation, they'll probably take the new price and just raise billing.

So I hope all of you that want to go hard on Dish realize that they are also fighting it to keep prices down. The amount Fox asked for is more than it is costing for all the ESPN channels together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts