Dish CSR...

davidmn999

Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
I do sales and installations, actually, 95% the installs I do come from my own sales. I'm having a big issue with some of my customers... I allways leave my phone number on the copies so they can call me first and avoid any unwanted charge backs from my retailer. Now, sometimes, the customer decide to call Dish and MOST of the times, when the customer calls to complain about something (billing issues, mostly) their fastest way to solve the problem is telling the customer they can cancel and go with another company. This is really frustrating to me, because I feel sometimes they're my enemy and they will shut down my customers (that means charge backs). I've lost a lot of money and time with this. I know that I might not get anything with this post, but is a good way to drain some of my frustration.

Get yourself a third party contract to protect yourself. Remind them before you leave that if their system is shutoff for any reason whatsoever within the first 12 months that they will be charged a cancellation fee as agreed upon in the contract that they signed with you. If they do not want to sign a contract then that may be a risk (like playing the lottery) that you may not want to take. You will have to pay as much as $100 more per receiver if you get too high of churn (your crp color status will indicate if you have to or not).

Get yourself a third party contract to protect yourself. Remind them before you leave that if their system is shutoff for any reason whatsoever within the first 12 months that they will be charged a cancellation fee as agreed upon in the contract that they signed with you. If they do not want to sign a contract then that may be a risk (like playing the lottery) that you may not want to take. You will have to pay as much as $100 more per receiver if you get too high of churn (your crp color status will indicate if you have to or not).

I actually made a form where if the customer cancel before 30 days, he's responsable for instalation and removal fees. The thing is, somehow they always get around with Dish to avoid any charges related with cancelations. I'd say 80% of them we're told by Dish they didn't have to pay the $200 cancelation fee. Anyway, I'll write somethigh to dishretailer.com

You need to change it from 30 days to 365 consecutive days. Yes Dish Network is going to tell some customers as they did mine (and more than once) that your contract is no good and that they can cancel. This is why you want the customers to signup on the 18 month contract that Dish has if you can plus the customer saves another $50 upfront if I am not mistaken. I wish you luck with this.

That's what's braking my head Stargazer, I only do DHA18 customers, believing that I'll be cover by Dish if the customer wants to cancel. I have been on this business for almost a year (as a retailer) and it hasn't been easy to deal with this kind of problem. Anyway, I don't know if this is the right place to discuss that issue since this is a tech forum. I just suscribe to dishretailer.com few minutes a go (didn't know that even exists) and hopefully they'll helpme out

IF you have a third party contract with a customer regarding cancellations and the like, DISH will not intervene as it is a seperate transaction between the customer and retailer. The sole exceptions are a high priority customer or a questionable practice with the retailer. CSRs on the other hand will tell a customer about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, when the rainbow is coming, and give a good general direction on where to find the end within fifteen feet...

I've heard so far as a CSR calling a retailer and telling them their obligations and contractual requirements as a DISH Retailer. (All retailers should be aware that CSRs are NOT involved with retailerships. It's the call from business departments [accounting, administration, sales officers] and Retailer Services that should get your attention.) Third party contracts are fine, and the standard response on the other end is to refer the customer back to the retailer to resolve contract disputes.

If a customer wants out of a third-party though, they'll call DISH in a heartbeat. (They'll call but...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)