Free Tripod or 75 tripod

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Im getting dish installed in my new apartment, and i already had one tech come out and say that i cannot get it where I wanted it installed. I asked about a tripod and he said it was $75. So i went and installed a 14 foot pole and the tech said that its too thick for the dish...so he said that I can get a tripod for it for free thru dish. I told him that i asked the last tech who came out and he told me it was $75. he said it should be free if you ever need it. He said it *might* work to get me service. But I have to drill holes in the building so they can run the cabling, since outside contractors cannot. So question number one...is it really gonna be free? (have any of you gotten it for free or have you had to pay?) also should i just say f-it and get cable since today was the third time they came out and still couldnt get me service? i dont wanna drill holes for a *might*

Im getting dish installed in my new apartment, and i already had one tech come out and say that i cannot get it where I wanted it installed. I asked about a tripod and he said it was $75. So i went and installed a 14 foot pole and the tech said that its too thick for the dish...so he said that I can get a tripod for it for free thru dish. I told him that i asked the last tech who came out and he told me it was $75. he said it should be free if you ever need it. He said it *might* work to get me service. But I have to drill holes in the building so they can run the cabling, since outside contractors cannot. So question number one...is it really gonna be free? (have any of you gotten it for free or have you had to pay?) also should i just say f-it and get cable since today was the third time they came out and still couldnt get me service? i dont wanna drill holes for a *might*

Speaking at my DNS shop, we do not offer tripod mounts. I know they did once upon a time, but not anymore. So to answer your question, no you will not be getting a tripod, and most likey will not install to a tripod either.

Realisticly, I did install to a _existing_ tripod mount once, however I ran lags onto the balcony so there was no chance for it to move. To this day I never heard anything about it, although we have a new QA guy who could b*tch about it. Personally I say if the mount is secure it should go, but who am I.

If you do decide to get a pole 1 5/8" in diameter.

It sounds to me like you are trying to get above a roof line due to being on the opposite side of where you need to face.

Apartment installs are always interesting.

heheheheheehhee.

I can see it now - large extensions hanging well off the edge of the balcony so they can peek above the roof. That must be real crazy o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)