Dish Customer going to Direct TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hightech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Midwest
My questions are does the Direct TV Tivo Reciever allow me to use my Picture n Picture with its dual tuner capabilities or is its only use for the Tivo recordings, so you can record one program while watching another. Thanks in advance for the info. Also what are my options with Direct, currently I am "leasing" my equipment from dish and do not have to worry about if something happens to them, does direct offer anything similar? I currently have a pvr 501 and two 301 recievers with dish and wanted to upgrade to a dual tuner model reciever after being a customer with dish for 4 years and they basically want me to pay $150 for a reciever that I WONT EVEN OWN, how rediculous any way im going to change my provider and currently direct looks like my best option, although comcast is also available in my neighborhood.
TIA.

even though I purchased my HD receiver with Directv, I have been satified with Directv. I have the warranty plan I pay $8 for each month. I use to be a Dish customer and then Voom. personally I liked the Voom better but nothing can be done about it now since there gone. I was lucky on my purchase, I ended up getting a Samsung 360 for $200 and my rebate for being a former Voom customer was $200 costing me $0. not all dealers could be able to do that. I know my installer pretty well and he was able to cut me a deal on the receiver. With Directv it seems to me that you get more for what you pay. with the four new satellites going up, I think there is fixing to be a lot of changes come from Directv. at least if you want Hallmark you don't have to pay for the Top 180 to get it.

Hightech said:
My questions are does the Direct TV Tivo Reciever allow me to use my Picture n Picture with its dual tuner capabilities or is its only use for the Tivo recordings, so you can record one program while watching another. Thanks in advance for the info.
You're kind of asking two questions. You say "so you can record one program while watching another." While you can't do picture-in-picture (as far as I know, but I've only been a D* customer a little over a week), you can record one program while watching another, or even record two at the same time.

[/QUOTE]Also what are my options with Direct, currently I am "leasing" my equipment from dish and do not have to worry about if something happens to them, does direct offer anything similar?[/QUOTE]
While I don't believe D* offers a lease option, they do offer a 'protection plan' for $7.99/mo which from my understanding covers all of your equipment, your dish, the alignment, etc. I didn't sign up for that last week when I activated, because I believe all of that is guaranteed for 30 days anyway, but I think I'll probably add it in the near future.

If I'm misunderstanding any of this as a new customer, someone please correct me! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)