Dish Customer Service not like the old days.

Scott (not wallyhts unless I missed something) tells us wallyhts's dad's setup includes two dishes. So it would appear he could have physically added an old H2K, but can't because of The Rules. Too bad about that.
That's my point. They can't activate both receivers on the same account and Wally seems to have a problem accepting that the rules aren't working out the way he wants them too so he's bad-mouthing Dish Customer Service, who have no options in this, and now Dish and every other large company. I mean, hissy-fit much?

Then why are you on here crying?

Fair question. Few things. So there stuck like many other people in america no choice crazy rules and high prices. Plus its fun to be a bear porker sometimes :)

My parents live in Jefferson County Kentucky. Jefferson county requires a telecommunications franchise which i started when google fiber came into town but never finished the process. OSP build is around 33,000ft of boring over 100 vaults its about $340,000 build. Not there yet but i'll get there :) Once i get them onnet i'll switch them over to youtube tv maybe slingtv just have to see.

Last edited:
And why is he on here complaining when, as a retailer, he should already know these darn business rules!

I was a retailer back when cvs systems was around so its been awhile. I did not put the effort into it and had low numbers so dish booted me.

Reactions: TheKrell
They are not going to change the rules for this particular customer. If wallyhts parents want another room serviced they have the opportunity to add, either lease or buy, a Joey. It's that simple. There is nothing holy about reactivating the Hopper 2000.
Don't disagree however that could not happen on a sunday and was looking for right then and there.

That's my point. They can't activate both receivers on the same account and Wally seems to have a problem accepting that the rules aren't working out the way he wants them too so he's bad-mouthing Dish Customer Service, who have no options in this, and now Dish and every other large company. I mean, hissy-fit much?
You are correct i don't like rules. I beat to my own drum. Just to set the record straight i called many times and to be honest the first line folks that answer the phone are horrible in my opinion. However the couple folks i talked with in OK (Account Services maybe) call center were way better those are the folks that should be answering the phone on the 1st ring.

I truly don't think what i wanted to do was anything crazy just wanted to get some entertainment going for a family member hunkering down.

I'm paying for it now the only thing i'm seeing is Dish Network ads lol Just what I want to order.

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell
Yto be honest the first line folks that answer the phone are horrible in my opinion. However the couple folks i talked with in OK (Account Services maybe) call center were way better those are the folks that should be answering the phone on the 1st ring.
On this, I agree. The front line support has gotten worse and worse over the past year

So, you are getting Dish TV just fine and want to dig up an old STB just for the previews even though Dish does not allow H3 and older hoppers on the same account. OK, here is my solution:

You need a DVR that is associated with your account but can be put in a closet and then allowed to funciton on your account when you feel like digging out that old DVR. Do the following:

1. Cancel your Dish account and services.

2. Go to the TiVo website and order as many TiVo DVR's and Mini's (Mini's are TiVo equivilant of a Joey) you want. Some TiVo's are OTA only or Cable only or OTA and Cable capable, but not simiultaneously so.

3. Best value is to pay All-in for your DVR's so you can store them in closet immediately. Also, you will save a great deal of money buying the All-in Plan instead of the very steep montly charges, in addition to the cable montly charges for Cable Card and Tuning Adapters or whatever else the cable cos. try to improperly charge you. TiVo, with a cable TV subscription, is the most economical option of all, and it sounds like you would also like to save money, not just have access to a few lously "previews" once a month.

4. Confirm your Activation of your account and all equipment on-line. TiVo will create your account and associate all equipement you order as long as you order them from TiVo and not a 3rd party, otherwise you have to activate all that stuff on your own on-line.

5. Now you can put as many of your TiVo DVR's in the closet with your Hopper DVR, but you can dig out that old TiVo DVR anytime you want and "re-activate" or your the TiVo servers will recognize it and you can use in a short time, after a few software updates.

6. It is best practice, however, to dig out your old TiVo DVR's at least every 6 months so that your DVR is up to date and will not fall victim to DEACTIVATION/No longer supported TiVo DVR model due to policy and business decisions because your TiVo DVR was not always connected to your active account because it was sitting in the closet with the roaches. Also, digging out your old TiVo DVR every 6 months OR LESS can also allow your DVR to be eligible to upgrade to NEW DVR model at a great cost savings.

7. Also TiVo is releasing thier own "firestick" like streaming device. This sounds like just what the doctor ordered for you because you don't need a DVR to put in the closet and pull out and labouriously re-connect whenever you want the freebies.

Honsetly, it my not be worth the trouble just to have access for a few weeks to Dish's measly "free this month" junk channels. If you are really steamed about Dish and really want those channels, then upgrade your current package with Dish or just go to cable and pay their prices--USING A TiVo, of course, with all its advantages and very low costs.

Setting up a new TiVo on cable systems today is a BREEZE and so easy to do with great support from all the cable companies who will help you and do all the work for you by sending out highly knowledgable techs because they all value you as a customer more than any other industy in the world. In fact, Comcast; Spectrum; et al. all have the highest customer satisfaction ratings on the planet because they are there for you and love providing you with their monthly free channels (well, they don't have free channels every month, but at least they care about you), and they LOVE for you to put their boxes in the closet because they do charge you the box fee every month, even if you don't use the box and it is NOT connected to the system, but you can pull it out of the closet and start using it anytime you want for those non-existant every month plate of free channels, but I'd say, judging by your ire, it may be worth it to you. In fact, it may be the perfect solution, so join the over 1 million (and decreasing) TiVo owners and lovers who would not have it any other way so that they can put the DVR in the closet, and then pull it out for occasional use again, especially for those not-offered every month Cable TV free previews.

Let us know how the change to the better option goes. You won't regret it.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
My last post to you on this. You should leave your University of i'm better and discriminate and go stand around people coughing it could be a wonderful experience for you lol :) joking of course.

Stay safe out there Folks.
That's just like saying you want someone to get cancer. No, I sense you were not joking. But if you really were jokikng I'm sure you will delete this post. I know you must be a better person than to wish someone great illness and make a terrible joke about something so very serious, and, especially if Scott supports you as strongly as he does. I have two family members in the hospital right now due to Coronavirus, and one my not make it, while the younger one will "likely" make--but "no guarantees" but requiring oxygen for the rest of their life is a clear possibility with her odds improving. Yes, YOUNG people can get sick and seriously ill, but better chance at surving, but with varying degrees per person with lifetime health consequences. She, the young one, was really not heading the warnings and is now paying the price.

Let us not joke about viruses that cause great illness, hospitalizaton for some, and can even lead to death. I don't hold this hasty post against you, and you will probably remove it once you realize how bad of a post hoping someone would get sick with Covid 19 Coronavirus really is. I look forward to haveing you good name and standing restored. I don't wish any harm upon you that you have wished upon others. Please. I am leaving this thread now becase it is too depressing and has now devolved into nothing relating to the purpose of this forum, and hope to encounter good, not hateful, humor in other threads or info useful to those seeking help of info on pay-TV. This is truly the saddest I have every felt ever on this forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)