dish customer service + scifi hd talk

I am sorry if you have misinterpreted my posts. I haven't meant to bash Scott as the site is a good resource for Sat enthusiast.
I have meant to bash posters like yourself that hang on his every word as it were coming from a burning bush.
If Scott really had information he would give the information instead of cryptic language like "there will be a lot of happy Dish subs". That is just common sense.
My prophetic powers tell me yours won't be the last "suck up" post today.
Where have I ever "sucked up" to scott or anyone here. I will admit that he is not always correct, who is? In fact most "insiders", in many forums, have been off lately when it comes to E* and what is happening. I just dont see the point of you complaining about the info you get here. Suit yourself I guess if it makes you feel better in some way. Easy enough for me to ignore you

Well thats convientient isn't it...
I say something is going to happen , but if it doesn't happen don't blame me. Especially since I have a history of saying things that do not happen.

lol..sorry but that is so completely illogical there is no way you wil get people to believe it...
If you say somethign is GOING to happen and then it doesn't, you lose credibility.. simple fact...you can't then turn around and try to CYOA and blame someone else...thats called passing the buck...and doesn't float with most people

You and I think exactly alike. Scary. :)

The only thing I would add is that a lot of this is not Scott's fault. As someone said above, he says one thing and each poster takes it, "runs with it" and puts their own spin on it. So it appears as if Scott has said something he never has. Now, granted, he may want to couch his information in terms that make it clear he's only the messenger, but I can't blame him too much for that.

Essentially, though, you are correct: if Dish keeps changing their mind then any "inside" information (Scott's or otherwise) is useless; i.e. contains no content. You might as well throw darts at a board. Put another way, it would be impossible to distinguish someone who has accurate info (at the time) from someone throwing the darts. If you rely on predictions of "new national HD" to stay with Dish then you only have yourself to blame if it doesn't show up.

Well thats convientient isn't it...
I say something is going to happen , but if it doesn't happen don't blame me. Especially since I have a history of saying things that do not happen.

lol..sorry but that is so completely illogical there is no way you wil get people to believe it...
If you say somethign is GOING to happen and then it doesn't, you lose credibility.. simple fact...you can't then turn around and try to CYOA and blame someone else...thats called passing the buck...and doesn't float with most people

Scott said a lot of people were gonna be happy and sure enough when Dish turned on more local HD channels, many people were happy. DOn't see where any problems or loss of credibility exists.

Scott said a lot of people were gonna be happy and sure enough when Dish turned on more local HD channels, many people were happy. DOn't see where any problems or loss of credibility exists.

Many?? a few in some markets ..I doubt but a VERY few in each even subs to HD...
besides, as was stated it was worded to calm the masses...it was intentionally misleading by not saying lil markets...just as his last statement will likely ultimately be just as misleading...
maybe his "source" is wording it for him.. but his "Source" isn't the one posting misleading info....
You can't tell me he didn't see all the posts assuming that meant NationalHD

Many?? a few in some markets ..I doubt but a VERY few in each even subs to HD...
besides, as was stated it was worded to calm the masses...it was intentionally misleading by not saying lil markets...just as his last statement will likely ultimately be just as misleading...
maybe his "source" is wording it for him.. but his "Source" isn't the one posting misleading info....
You can't tell me he didn't see all the posts assuming that meant NationalHD

Scott himself has said many times, "anything that he says is rumor until it happens".

Maybe you missed that part.:D

LOL. On the national hd part. I never heard that word and neither did you. You yourself talked you into believing something that just was not said.

Scott himself has said many times, "anything that he says is rumor until it happens".

Maybe you missed that part.:D

LOL. On the national hd part. I never heard that word and neither did you. You yourself talked you into believing something that just was not said.

No people thought it because of what was NOT said.. if it wasn't meant to lead people on then why not specify lil markets??
There is no reason other than it was INTENTIONAL.. you don't leave important information like that out for any other reason

We should ask D* to make a HD only package too. I would pay 30-40/month if they did

My guess is that they will...they will offer an HD only package with way more hd channels than Dish will have for the next year and a half

I'm guessing they are greedy though, its all or nothing. They know if you want it bad enough you will get the lowest of their packages.

I'm guessing they are greedy though, its all or nothing. They know if you want it bad enough you will get the lowest of their packages.

Some on here say that hd only pack may be in the works for next year.

We do know for sure that they will be concentrating on hd boxes from now on.

Yes BUT eventually everythign will be HD, so if they can hook you now by offering a better package deal on just HD, it helps them in the future....

My guess is that they will...they will offer an HD only package with way more hd channels than Dish will have for the next year and a half
Hmm, so it's not necessary for you to source anything you suppose or speculate but we are to believe you and take your word as something of value while you make far reaching assumptions based on a few hints Scott makes about things that could be coming and then rip into him like you are owed something. You have a mighty big ego there and you won't get it satisfied hanging around here.

My guess is they will... Based on what?

Way more... meaning what? How many? How many minimum minutes of real HD will qualify?

...for the next year and a half... Based on what? Your word is reliable why?

Yeah... I'm waiting.

Hmm, so it's not necessary for you to source anything you suppose or speculate but we are to believe you and take your word as something of value while you make far reaching assumptions based on a few hints Scott makes about things that could be coming and then rip into him like you are owed something. You have a mighty big ego there and you won't get it satisfied hanging around here.

Way more... meaning what? How many? How many minimum minutes of real HD will qualify?

Yeah... I'm waiting.

First off.. I stated My GUESS (MEaning no info, just a Guess) and it is basied on Dtv being a smart company and going for the kill when they see an opening...

Way more?? they already have way more National (Not talking niche voom crap) HD channels.. Actual HD Content is irrelevent.. they are what the NATIONAL hd services offer...and they have plans of adding even more as the year progresses

Dish won't have a working sat for at least a year and half.. one that will offer NATIONAL Hd that is.. they are focusing on lil's which only affect a very small number of people...

And yup..I rip anyone claiming to have a source that posts vague and misleading info...

Why would anyone get on a board, owned by Scott, and bash him. If you don't like what he has to say, LEAVE! A lesser board owner would ban you! All you bashers better be happy you are even still here as far as I am concerned.

Yeah... I'm waiting.

Nominated for the weakest post of the year award.
He said "my guess".
Does that imply IT WILL happen; NO.
It means what it says, a guess. Very weak comparison to what the original complaint was about. But so be it you accomplished a "suck up" post as intended. Job well done.

And as I said before Scott or anyone else would post that "said channel will go live on said date" or "specific LIL will go live on said date" if they had any REAL info. Not a cover your ass, amature psychic, cold reading post like you are defending.

I predicted your post by the way. :up

Why would anyone get on a board, owned by Scott, and bash him. If you don't like what he has to say, LEAVE! A lesser board owner would ban you! All you bashers better be happy you are even still here as far as I am concerned.
Is that what you want?
Really?
I think Hail-Bop is coming back around; I want you ready. :D

First off.. I stated My GUESS (MEaning no info, just a Guess) and it is basied on Dtv being a smart company and going for the kill when they see an opening...

Way more?? they already have way more National (Not talking niche voom crap) HD channels.. Actual HD Content is irrelevent.. they are what the NATIONAL hd services offer...and they have plans of adding even more as the year progresses

Dish won't have a working sat for at least a year and half.. one that will offer NATIONAL Hd that is.. they are focusing on lil's which only affect a very small number of people...

And yup..I rip anyone claiming to have a source that posts vague and misleading info...

Vague and misleading like your posts? Other than the fact that D* currently has more HD named channels than E*, your other comments are speculative and subjective and are not supported by fact.

Vague and misleading like your posts? Other than the fact that D* currently has more HD named channels than E*, your other comments are speculative and subjective and are not supported by fact.

whats not supported by fact????
AMC-14 is a bust currently and won't be operational untill 3 months AFTER it gets in orbit (BTW, it's primary focus IS lil markets...) .. the next bird doesn't go up until the fall... Dish is focused on lil's not National HD...and Dtv is Constantly adding MORE nationals AND lil's AND getting exclusives.. I see no way dish can EVER catch up now...they are way to far behind...

Nothing misleading about ANYTHING I said...it's all stuff that can be verified with simple searches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)