Dish Customer Service Still sucks

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
I called Dish customer service today. I'm making some changes to my Dish system and I started today. I called Dish customer service to remove 1 JUST 1 receiver from my account. I check my account on line about an hour ago and saw that the customer support representative not removed the receiver I wanted removed BUT also removed a second receiver.

I told the rep this morning I wanted only 1 removed and double checked that she had the remove the correct receiver and there were 2 receivers still active on the account. It never is dull when I call Dish Network customer service.

Thanks for letting me rant.

I called Dish customer service today. I'm making some changes to my Dish system and I started today. I called Dish customer service to remove 1 JUST 1 receiver from my account. I check my account on line about an hour ago and saw that the customer support representative not removed the receiver I wanted removed BUT also removed a second receiver.

I told the rep this morning I wanted only 1 removed and double checked that she had the remove the correct receiver and there were 2 receivers still active on the account. It never is dull when I call Dish Network customer service.

Thanks for letting me rant.
Next time use DIRT.

Thanks for the suggestion but removing 1 receiver from my account is a pretty simple task.
I really didn't want to both the DIRT team with a simple request. I guess I assumed too much.

Get a DIRT rep involved. Because now they will hit you with the new receiver rate fee....

Eh, I'll chime in and say DIRT sometimes doesn't know what they're doing. There was a promotion going on last year that DIRT said they had no information on, but I was able to call and get it no problem. Considering it was a promo that a tier 1 CSR could provide, I highly doubt they were instructed to deny all knowledge of it, but who knows.

Eh, I'll chime in and say DIRT sometimes doesn't know what they're doing. There was a promotion going on last year that DIRT said they had no information on, but I was able to call and get it no problem. Considering it was a promo that a tier 1 CSR could provide, I highly doubt they were instructed to deny all knowledge of it, but who knows.
They have business rules as well, that very well could have been unavailable to them over a social media platform. You'd be surprised.

I was a Dish CSR for 5 years so I do know all about business rules. Especially ones that EVT broke lol

For folks here, DIRT. However, I ALWAYS request a CSR in the USA and have NEVER had any problems or misunderstanding, and I have dealt with MANY USA CSR's. I find that the STUPIDITY of CSR's not having a CLUE as to what's what is with the foreign CSR's. There is just no substitute for a CSR being HERE to truly understanding how things work with such a technical company like Dish. People on the other side of the globe just have no point of reference and have only scripts and loads of paper work in some binder to try to find and answer of find out what can and can't be done, especially when one is in a country where waiting for a month is considered speedy response and customer service. Double-check by asking the CSR where they are located. If they are not in the USA, then ask to be connected to a CSR in the USA. And FWIW, as a rule, Dish company installers/techs most often the best.

Reactions: peggy97850
I would recommend using the online chat these days. Seems to be the most successful. Dirt used to be hands down the best option but sad to say they have really gone downhill imo. I've been very disappointed with them lately. Hopeful that's not everyone's experience..

Just for clarification when I called with the change I re-confirmed the change at least twice. Maybe the third time would have been a charm.
I specifically reconfirmed the receiver "R" number that was to be removed only. I reconfirmed the receiver "R" number of the 211K that was
to remain active on the account. I also reconfirmed that my 722K was also remaining active also.

So lessons learned. Expect there to be a screw up(s) when making changes to my Dish Network account.

I would have beat one of my agents for something that intense, especially if it were a recorded call. That is the best scenario any agent could ask for, low AHT, easy task, no complaining, and likely positive CSAT just for doing something simple.

Just for clarification when I called with the change I re-confirmed the change at least twice. Maybe the third time would have been a charm.
I specifically reconfirmed the receiver "R" number that was to be removed only. I reconfirmed the receiver "R" number of the 211K that was
to remain active on the account. I also reconfirmed that my 722K was also remaining active also.

So lessons learned. Expect there to be a screw up(s) when making changes to my Dish Network account.
Yes. First screw up, not involving DIRT.

Reactions: KAB
Thanks for the suggestion but removing 1 receiver from my account is a pretty simple task.
I really didn't want to both the DIRT team with a simple request. I guess I assumed too much.

Hello everyone. We're here to help. From equipment, to billing to troubleshooting to even ordering a movie or changing your programming. We're here to help.

Hello everyone. We're here to help. From equipment, to billing to troubleshooting to even ordering a movie or changing your programming. We're here to help.
Mark, I appreciate the help that you and your fellow DIRT reps provide but I would have thought that a simple task of removing a receiver from the account would be a "no brainer".
On the the other side of the equation I installed my new Hopper 3 yesterday. With the exception of 1 minor question and 30 seconds on hold my customer service experience went
very well yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)