Dish Customer Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
sorry but you're wrong there KAB

lets see..

calling 3 times to try and activate a 322 with a yellow card
first time...India who activated receiver with yellow card...didnt say anything about new card (actually told me old card would work) and hung up
second time...India who said its activated...wait 15 minutes for programming (even though the screen said "you need new smart card") and hung up
third time...got a guy who actually went "off the chart" and saw old card on file and sent new card

When I did the card swap I said screw it and went through chat...done in 5 minutes

Spoken words, with emphasis and clarity and IMMEDIATE response
when you have someone from India on the other end it doesnt matter what you say. They read off a script

sorry but you're wrong there KAB

lets see..

calling 3 times to try and activate a 322 with a yellow card
first time...India who activated receiver with yellow card...didnt say anything about new card (actually told me old card would work) and hung up
second time...India who said its activated...wait 15 minutes for programming (even though the screen said "you need new smart card") and hung up
third time...got a guy who actually went "off the chart" and saw old card on file and sent new card

When I did the card swap I said screw it and went through chat...done in 5 minutes

Let's agree to disagree. ALL of my tech problems have been handled without pause, live.

I think it may usually prove to be more productive to use the phone, but like I said, I chose the option that was more convenient for the environment that I was in at the time. I also believe that if the tech support chat is not comparable, then it should not be offered.

I think it may usually prove to be more productive to use the phone, but like I said, I chose the option that was more convenient for the environment that I was in at the time. I also believe that if the tech support chat is not comparable, then it should not be offered.
On that, we agree!

Had a very similar experience last night with the Chat option. At my wit's end, I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and was given a phone number to call in order to accomplish..of course, it was the main Dish number. In case I had forgotten, last night's experience was a vivid reminder that Dish (read: Charlie) really doesn't care about the individual customer. I'm sure DirecTV is the same way and, of course, most cable companies are as well (although...when I've had issues with my cable internet service a trip to the local office to talk with a supervisor eye-to-eye has always resulted in corrective actions on their end). I guess there is something to be said in dealing with entities with whom you can have an in-person discussion.

I have a feeling that KAB is one of those guys who despises others that like to text on their phones instead of talking. KAB the great thing about the online chat is the fact that as a customer you have the chance to have everything in writing. Look how easy it was for the OP to put his whole conversation on here for everyone to see. Now how would you do that if you takled on the ohone with them.

The other great thing about the online chat is there is no know language barrier. You don't have to worry about not understanding each other. It is written in plain english.

This just seems to be a case of a CSR having a bad day and treating a customer like crap. Happens on the phone just as much if not more.

Wow! That 'customer service' guy was a real jerk! If he was working for me I would have fired him immediately! There is no excuse for being that rude!

Please let us know if you ever get a response from dish.

Are they laying off people at these Customer Service centers? Because I got a very rude CSR that was actually yelling at me on the phone on Tuesday night. When I wanted to ask for a supervisor, he put me on hold so I couldn't say anything. Unfortunately, I didn't write down his operator ID. They're probably under a lot of stress lately.

I think the CSR was having a bad day and was getting frusterated because the customer would not do exactly what he wanted. The CSR definately could have handled it better. I know the customer had already unplugged the receiver in the past but why couldn't he just have done it again like the CSR asked. The CSR is just following the steps his job requires to do troubleshooting and the customer would not follow along because he was also frusterated. Sounds like two stubborn poeple butting heads if you ask me.

I still believe the CSR should have handled it better though.

I have a feeling that KAB is one of those guys who despises others that like to text on their phones instead of talking.

You've got that right. Nearly every night at dinner, my wife's phone text alerts three to four times...and it's usually always from the same person. So I have to sit through this silly ritual for 10 to 15 minutes ritual where a 60 second or less phone conversation would have probably covered all the bases. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.

Whenever I have a tech issue, I call my local installers number and they reroute my call to a Dish level-2 tech. They don't go off a script, just good old fashioned tech help.

Scherrman said:
I think the CSR was having a bad day and was getting frusterated because the customer would not do exactly what he wanted. The CSR definately could have handled it better. I know the customer had already unplugged the receiver in the past but why couldn't he just have done it again like the CSR asked. The CSR is just following the steps his job requires to do troubleshooting and the customer would not follow along because he was also frusterated. Sounds like two stubborn poeple butting heads if you ask me.

I still believe the CSR should have handled it better though.

At the point that he asked me to unplug, I was already irritated at repeating myself and being talked down to. I already explained the results of resetting the unit and gave him any and all error messages related to the problem. The point of him going through the steps would be to see what errors occurred, and I already gave him those. Also, I did in fact unplug it after the first two times just to appease him, at which point he asked the same thing two more times and proceeded to call me a liar. I was frustrated, but I did comply with every action he wanted me to take and repeated myself whenever asked.

I do agree that he handled the situation very poorly. I wish everyone that bought Dish would buy it from some kind of retailer. It is soooo much easier to talk to someone in person. If you bought it from a local retailer they should be familiar with your setup because they installed it. Then if you need help from Dish directly the retailer can call them for you.

This is how we handle business at least. We are the mediator between the customer and Dish.

You've got that right. Nearly every night at dinner, my wife's phone text alerts three to four times...and it's usually always from the same person. So I have to sit through this silly ritual for 10 to 15 minutes ritual where a 60 second or less phone conversation would have probably covered all the bases. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.

When I sit down to dinner I don't answer the phone no less text messages. Nothing is so important that I can't enjoy a good meal, even a bad one. This 'I have to be obtainable every second in a 24/7 period' attitude that exists today is ludicrous...

When I sit down to dinner I don't answer the phone no less text messages. Nothing is so important that I can't enjoy a good meal, even a bad one. This 'I have to be obtainable every second in a 24/7 period' attitude that exists today is ludicrous...

so true. When someone texts me while I'm eating they dont get a response until I'm done :)
If they call, depending on who it is I might pick up and politely say I am eating and I'll call you back.

Maybe I'm just old school but the whole thing of text and type chat seems like two steps backwards compared to a short phone call,I've tried both many times and always end up feeling I could have accomplished so much more if I had just talked to the person.

A type chat with Belkin support over a router problem was a pointless waste of time, after the chat all I really wanted was to call a support person and talk for three minuets about the issues.

This new age or paying people to sit in an air conditioned office and play with computers all day and offering slave wages to the people who really go out and make thing happen is ruining this country. :confused:

You guys are starting to date yourselves a little with all the complaining about technology. I felt the same way about chat and texting for a while but I prefer to send a quick message most times. I hate spending time on the phone. I would rather just text my message quick and be done with it. If it requires more info I make the call.

I wouldn't go as far to say it is ruining this country. Thats a pretty bold statement. Maybe sending all of our companies overseas would be more accurate. If texting is ruining this country then I must say we are pretty weak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)