Dish Customer Service

I really do miss the days of calling (or chating with) tech support and telling them exactly what you have done, they say OK you need a new X and setting up the shipment of what you need.

I really do miss the days of calling (or chating with) tech support and telling them exactly what you have done, they say OK you need a new X and setting up the shipment of what you need.
You can still call.

Why does everyone think the old days are over. You can still do whatever you want, you just have more options now. It's not a bad thing.

you probably chat with someone overseas. most overseas CS staffs are pain in the b###.

the only problem i had with dish was the installer who was a total loser. he wanted to install my dish on christmas day claiming he does not have this and does not have that. it took him 4 trips claiming to get something when he was actually slacking off. i did not see him bringing any new parts while coming back to finish his job.

as for customer service, so far, no problem. i had tons of problems dealing with cable forcing me to switch.

I believe it's been posted that Dish is down to only 1 call center left in India. All the rest are back on the US.

I know when I call the retailer care line it is always in the US. Very friendly and helpful the majority of the time.

I know when I call the retailer care line it is always in the US. Very friendly and helpful the majority of the time.

But how many of us get to call that retailer care line? It's even money when we call whether we get Raj in India, Mary in the Phillipines, or someone on the continent. It seems I almost always get someone offshore when I chat based on the complete lack of comprehension and the poor grammar. As a sub since 1998 I agree that the best days have passed on by based on what I have experienced, especially the past three years.

Believe it or not...there is a new TV show debuting this fall about this very topic. It deals with a guy who takes over an off-shore CS center. I believe it is set in India? I saw the promo the other day and couldn't believe it. Because of my CS experiences I will not be able to watch that show. :eek:

Don't EVER do CHAT for tech support. What were you thinking???

You went off their script. You were dumb to to that, IMO. You are a bit of a Freshman, but still??? Use your head.

Call and talk to a live Tech rep!!

Why would you call someone dumb maybe because their talking bad about your all loving Dish.:rant:

You can still call.
You missed the point of my post.
You can call but they nolonger listen to you say you did such & such test & then agree you need part X, they expect you to test what their script says before sending the part.

You can call but they nolonger listen to you say you did such & such test & then agree you need part X, they expect you to test what their script says before sending the part.

Sorry for your experience(s). Mine have been satisfactory...BTW, I ask for level 2.

I don't see a problem in that.
They don't know you from Adam, so they don't know if you know what you are doing or are some nutter who doesn't have a clue on even how to turn the receiver on. By going thru the script and going thru the tests and steps for troubleshooting, they then are more knowledgeable on what the problem is and can do a better job of deciding on what to do on fixing the problem.

I agree they do not know you from Adam but how long are you to play along... I am now on my forth call for a IR remote issue on a 722K that is intermittent (heat related power up no response till unit heats up) I played the game and followed all there instructions but lost my mind last night after the fourth call and again verified the remote is on the correct channel etc I explained that I can work the receiver without issue with the UHF receiver but none of my IR receiver work (sling box, universal remote). I was then told by 2nd level support that my TV (LG32LD550) was the cause and they will send me a UHF remote for TV1. I said that is a work around and makes make sling box and universal remote useless and told those are not Dish issue and I need to deal with their tech support. Okay just venting now but tech support has gone way down over the years.

I have been contacted by DISH Network about this thread and they have been trying to contact the person who started this thread, but have yet to hear back from him.

If that person can provide me a number where they can be reached via PM it would be appreciated. :)

Well, thank you to Scott who relayed a message that Dish was trying to get a hold of me. I just spoke with Jade Roberts who is Operations Manager for dish. He apologized profusely and made it clear that he was every bit as appalled as I was at the way the CSR handled things and the manner in which I was treated. He asked if we had resolved the issue with the vip722 and I said that I had not wanted to call back the last couple of days, so the unit was still not functioning properly. He sent a new unit out right away and also gave me a full months credit for Dish. He could not have been nicer. I was nice to him as well and just explained that I was rather taken aback by the situation. He told me that he dealt with the situation as soon as he was made aware and that the person I dealt with was no longer with the company.

Now I know, some may say I should have demanded more compensation ( certain relatives of mine have voiced this,) but that is not really what this was about. All I wanted when I contacted tech support was a replacement for my malfunctioning receiver. I was offended and a bit upset over what had transpired, but really I was no worse for the wear. I was not injured or out of pocket any money just by dealing with someone who was unprofessional. I don't think I would have felt very good about myself if I got really angry with the gentleman trying to correct the situation. So I accepted the free month and thanked him for his concern and prompt response. He also left his direct line for me to call whenever I need assistance from Dish in the future.

In today's climate where customer service ( not just with satellite or cable companies, but in all aspects of consumerism) has been steadily declining, I found it nice to have a conversation with someone who actually was concerned about losing a customer and for any blemish that may leave on the company. I feel good about the resolution. So thanks, Jade from Dish, and thanks to Scott as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)