Dish Customer Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, thank you to Scott who relayed a message that Dish was trying to get a hold of me. I just spoke with Jade Roberts who is Operations Manager for dish. He apologized profusely and made it clear that he was every bit as appalled as I was at the way the CSR handled things and the manner in which I was treated. He asked if we had resolved the issue with the vip722 and I said that I had not wanted to call back the last couple of days, so the unit was still not functioning properly. He sent a new unit out right away and also gave me a full months credit for Dish. He could not have been nicer. I was nice to him as well and just explained that I was rather taken aback by the situation. He told me that he dealt with the situation as soon as he was made aware and that the person I dealt with was no longer with the company.

Now I know, some may say I should have demanded more compensation ( certain relatives of mine have voiced this,) but that is not really what this was about. All I wanted when I contacted tech support was a replacement for my malfunctioning receiver. I was offended and a bit upset over what had transpired, but really I was no worse for the wear. I was not injured or out of pocket any money just by dealing with someone who was unprofessional. I don't think I would have felt very good about myself if I got really angry with the gentleman trying to correct the situation. So I accepted the free month and thanked him for his concern and prompt response. He also left his direct line for me to call whenever I need assistance from Dish in the future.

In today's climate where customer service ( not just with satellite or cable companies, but in all aspects of consumerism) has been steadily declining, I found it nice to have a conversation with someone who actually was concerned about losing a customer and for any blemish that may leave on the company. I feel good about the resolution. So thanks, Jade from Dish, and thanks to Scott as well.

Good to hear that at least management is trying to make things better in their customer service department.

I have been quiet on this one...

As many of you know I now work for DISH Network running their DISHSUPPORT.COM website. It's a site where we try to help DISH Network customers with technical issues. It was created to help improve DISH Networks customer service. Since it opened a few months ago it has helped a lot of people. What is wild about this site is that it really runs with no interaction (or red tape) from DISH. Instead DISH said to me go start this site for us and help people with there issues.

For the most part all the question and issues are handled by myself or by a number of SatelliteGuys members such as Kevin and dahenny who also like helping others out. It is rare when there is an issue and I need to escilate the issue up to DISH.

We have been running the site using experience and real work knowledge... not pre scripted answers. I am sure some of our fixes were not the recommended fixes by DISH Network, but it got the problem solved for the customer.

At first when I started the site I as upset that there wasn't more interaction from DISH on the site, but now that it is going I like it this way and being able to help folks out by using my knowledge I have acquired by being a DISH customer and also from reading here at SatelliteGuys. I enjoy sharing what I have learned over the past 12 years doing these online forums.

Some of you guys might not believe it, but DISH is working REALLY hard to make customer service its main priority. They are trying things that no other company has done before and they are starting to see the fruits of their labor.

Customer service is not perfect yet... but they really are trying. I have been on a number of conference calls and believe me they are trying.

I have been critical about some of the things DISH has done as of late, such as channel removals and programming disputes, but I must give them my applause for what they are trying to do to improve their customer service efforts.

DISH is watching and are working to make things better. This thread is proof of that.

If you have a real issue and you need help please try one of the following things to get help. (And none of them involve picking up a telephone to call!)

1) Try sending a message via twitter to @DISHNETWORK - You won't believe how good these guys are. Robin Z and her crew works very hard to make DISH customers happy.

2) If its not a billing issue, but a technical issue please post it here at SatelliteGuys.US or at DISHsupport.COM... Chances are good we can help you! If we can't help you we might be able to put you in touch with someone who can!

3) Avoid using the online chat on DISH Networks website unless the first two have failed. The agents here go by the scripted procedures that they must follow. However if you do use this route please do everything the agent tells you to. They HAVE TO go by their scripts, please don't make their jobs any harder then they already are. Also DONT BE MAD at the agent. The agent did not break your receiver or cause your service issues. They are there to help you. Let them go through their script and help you according to the procedures DISH has setup.

So please try those things FIRST before calling DISH, you might find that you get satisfaction way quicker then if you did by calling. :)

Ultimately we ALL want to help. And DISH is doing a lot to make things better, and to me thats a great thing. Customer Service is not perfect, but its getting a little better every day... I truly believe that and this thread is proof of it.

Thanks guys for being SatelliteGuys! :D

Scott, the above to be congratulated, I've seen some of your posts in the D* forum, and you do send mixed signals. FYI.

Well, I'm glad they're working on improving their customer service because they really need it. I've never been treated the way I was treated last Tuesday night and I'm really looking at my options. Also, I have an issue with my online access and I have contacted them in all the ways I know and they can't fix my problem.

Satguys has always been a good tool and source for Dish Network customers and Dish should take advantage of the site and use it.

You've got that right. Nearly every night at dinner, my wife's phone text alerts three to four times...and it's usually always from the same person. So I have to sit through this silly ritual for 10 to 15 minutes ritual where a 60 second or less phone conversation would have probably covered all the bases. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.

Right on!

In the normal order of technology, you would expect texting would be first, followed by the breakthrough of actual realtime voice conversation!

Instead it went the opposite way, kinda like going from voice to morse code...

Right on!

In the normal order of technology, you would expect texting would be first, followed by the breakthrough of actual realtime voice conversation!

Instead it went the opposite way, kinda like going from voice to morse code...

OMG, you hit the nail on the head!!! Good Man!!!

FYI, I'm going to steal that analogy!!

Last edited:
This what happens when a company is willing to get rid of experienced customer serivce agents and save money buy hiring new agents and so they can get credit from the government's "2010 HIRE Act" program.

This what happens when a company is willing to get rid of experienced customer serivce agents and save money buy hiring new agents and so they can get credit from the government's "2010 HIRE Act" program.

Let me guess...Oklahoma...Tulsa maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)