Dish cuts off end of Center Ice game

gretschdrum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Last night, 2/9, Dish cut off the OT period during the Atlanta/TB game on channel 552. I know a similar topic was brought up regarding cutting away from HNIC but that had to do with CBC news being broadcast between games and Dish's lack of rights to that news broadcast.

I emailed DISH customer service about this issue. It seems that Dish has been getting very trigger happy with cutting the ends of games and they finally cut one WAY too early. If you've experienced this before please contact them and let them know that it's completely unacceptable to stop the game feeds early.

UPDATE: Dish Cuts off end of Center Ice game

We noticed the same thing as well. Frustrating as heck. Watch the game to get hosed the final bit and have to wait for the scores later in the evening.

After a few emails to customer service they apologized and were aware of the issue. However they said, "we don't know why you are experiencing these problems". Huh? I suppose they are aware of the issue but have no idea why it happened? LOL... Also, they would not forward or give me a direct email address to the Center Ice programming department.

Ultimately I have no idea if this helped but maybe if a few more folks let them know that Dish has messed up the endings of games someone will get a more meaningful answer. This could also be a good time to email ceo@echostar.com, don't you think?

this happened to me for a racing pay per view last year, they did show the rest of the race, but on another channel...I had to work that night and I had the DVR set to record on the original channel...I got all the Pay Per View up until Dish changed the broadcast channel,I was peeved..I ended up missing the whole feature event because they didnt want to keep the original feed

Yeah they are turning into Directv, you should hear about all the problems they have.

I have D* CI and have never experienced that. And I watch CI every nite. Not to say it doesn't happen....ever....but "all the problems" you describe just isn't so. And should the end of a FSN broadcast does get lopped off, you can always just tune into the FSN channel directly rather than the CI mirror. At least you can with D*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)