Dish Cutting off DishPix Sept. 29

one more customer better than losing five more customers when customers got tons of tv provider to choose from.

The satellite signal falls on a house whether the occupant is a customer or not. Although I applaud Dish for making an effort to move DishPix customers to other packages, the simple fact is they are making money off every customer they keep. That is especially true of all of us long term customers who have been satisfied with a long discontinued package.

In my case I was ready to move to GloryStar as well as watch TV online. I will save a little money, get more channels I will actually watch and pay a little less than I paid under Dishpix. I'm happy.

Hmm. Long time DishPix user here. I've chosen (so far) to *not* communicate with
the Mother Ship. As of tonight (Fri 10/1) all my DishPix channels are still working.
My autopay goes thru about the 20th of October.

I wonder what will happen next? Automatic upgrade to AT120 at the same price?

Hard to believe they'd either cut me off or auto-increase the price without talking
to me - but still nothing hardcopy in the good ol' US Mail. My bet is they have a
committee meeting next week to decide what to do about old fogies like myself
that are just not all that interested in talking but have been faithful and loyal
customers for - what is it - more than 15 years now?

The customer service staff is probably too busy to worry about it right now with the FoX FSN/FX/NatG crisis. You are probably safe for a while.

My new dish was installed and my new programming package (welcome with locals) arrived on Friday. My old DishPix channels continued to show up as active on my programming guide. I checked my account online and found Dish had added the welcome package to my account but had not removed DishPix. It took the csr several minutes to figure out what DishPix was and to remove it from my account.

I'm happy with the Welcome Package--I had grown tired of most of my DishPix channels years ago. I would suggest DishPix customers make sure the old package is removed once they move to another choice or they will be charged with both.

not on those international packages set to cancel end of last month. dish billed those customers and cut the plug.

Well I got my October bill. Dish Network charged me a $95 installation fee for the new "free" antenna that the CSR told me I needed. I had two perfectly good dishes aimed at 110 & 119 before they installed my new Dish 500.

At this point Dish's "welcome" package experience is making me want to tell Dish goodbye. Has anyone else been charged by Dish to have a Dish 500 installed? I'm beginning to think I made a mistake by staying with Dish rather than leaving with DishPix.

Last edited:
Well I got my October bill. Dish Network charged me a $95 installation fee for the new "free" antenna that the CSR told me I needed. I had two perfectly good dishes aimed at 110 & 119 before they installed my new Dish 500.

At this point Dish's "welcome" package experience is making me want to tell Dish goodbye. Has anyone else been charged by Dish to have a Dish 500 installed? I'm beginning to think I made a mistake by staying with Dish rather than leaving with DishPix.

Sounds like a technician visit fee. Call them up and ask them to add the service plan on your account and see if they will waive the fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts