DISH Delivers ‘Smart Phone Repair’ on Your Turf

It's definitely a huge market. Every time I see somebody using an IPhone it usually has a broken screen and is plugged in charging cause the battery is dead. :biggrin

Go Android!!

Reactions: Troch77 and DWS44
My first thought was they would set up some type of work area inside their vehicles but they're simply too small. So they're going to do this stuff on someone's dining room table, kitchen table, etc.... ??

I saw a post over at DSL Reports that I thought was pretty accurate !! I think this is a really poor business idea by Dish.... Do they know something we don't ? Like Ergen or not, he's probably got more money than every member here combined !! He's not a stupid guy.
Would have been better in a storefront..a blockbuster idea

I just read about this on macworld.com:

http://www.macworld.com/article/306...ians-get-into-the-iphone-repair-business.html

Basically says the same thing. Not a bad idea, get your iPhone fixed and Dish Network system installed or tuned up (maybe a future service)
at the same time. But the article states this service will void your warranty though, " Just keep in mind that any work performed by Dish technicians will void your warranty. And even if you’re not covered by AppleCare, Apple’s prices for screen repair are the same as Dish’s in many cases, so you may want to stick to the Apple Store if you’re still within your warranty period."

Sorry but I don't think it is a good idea. How many of us would remember dish has a service like this. Call this and ask for it? Plus i like to get original parts from apple store. Let's wait and see but i don't think this service would last long. And training of the dish installers??? The last installer came to my house did not have much info about hopper installation and thanks to this forum i was able to tell him what to do! Trust with my phone? Ipad? Sorry but I don't think so.

Reactions: WiCkeDuDe
I went to the local shopping mall a few days ago for the first time in about 30 years. There must have been a dozen or more kiosks with phone accessories and repair service. All the local large grocery stores have a similar kiosk. I didn't think there was a problem finding someone locally to replace a battery or screen in a cell phone. However, I readily admit that DISH is a lot smarter than I.

and is plugged in charging cause the battery is dead
I don't know about all models, but on the 4s, 5, and 5s, it's not difficult to change the battery. On the 4s, you remove (2) screws and slide the back cover off. The battery is right there... You remove two screws holding the battery connection in place and pry the battery out (it's held in place with 2-sided tape). The 5s is slightly different but not terribly difficult. I do realize that the average person may not want to try it too.

Reactions: JSheridan
here is a little article about dish fixing that i found on dishs website
HOW TO MEND YOUR SHATTERED IPHONE SCREEN WITH DISH
have you witnessed the sheer look of terror that goes hand in hand with shattering an iPhone screen? When you hear that ominous crack, cue the panic.
Well, panic no more.
Introducing Smart Phone Repair from DISH.
Beginning today, DISH will deliver a technician directly to your door to repair your iPhone’s cracked screen or replace its battery.
\We’ve helped more than 14 million DISH customers with the nuts and bolts of home entertainment. Now our skilled technicians are here to simplify smartphone repair for consumers nationwide,whether or not you’re a DISH customer.
http://www.dish.com/dig/news/how-to-mend-yourscreen-with-dish/

I don't know about all models, but on the 4s, 5, and 5s, it's not difficult to change the battery. On the 4s, you remove (2) screws and slide the back cover off. The battery is right there... You remove two screws holding the battery connection in place and pry the battery out (it's held in place with 2-sided tape). The 5s is slightly different but not terribly difficult. I do realize that the average person may not want to try it too.
The 6 isn't much different than the 5s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)