DISH, DirecTV to merge?

Claude and Charlie in the wayback machine
TS02.JPG

With the statement from AT&T recently that Direct TV (AT&T) will be up to renewal many contracts in 2020 and AT&T stated that they will not be paying high rates, so expect a lot of disputes and loss in channels. I think this is the future for all cable and satellite. I am glad Dish has been adding diginets as they cost little and offer old TV shows. I heard is costs Dish/Direct, etc $11 a month wholesale per subscriber. Add to that other channels I am sure cost at least $5-$10 a month, it does not take long until the average bill to be that $100 a month or more.

Reactions: navychop
With the statement from AT&T recently that Direct TV (AT&T) will be up to renewal many contracts in 2020 and AT&T stated that they will not be paying high rates, so expect a lot of disputes and loss in channels. I think this is the future for all cable and satellite. I am glad Dish has been adding diginets as they cost little and offer old TV shows. I heard is costs Dish/Direct, etc $11 a month wholesale per subscriber. Add to that other channels I am sure cost at least $5-$10 a month, it does not take long until the average bill to be that $100 a month or more.
Exactly what Charlie called for last year.

Someone should teach a class on how to successfully cut the chord, while getting over your anxiety about it with tutorials on how to find the things you want to have

or I should probably check YouTube!

I hope you aren't thinking of cutting the chord! :(
Why pay dish to watch a few dozen shows I usually record only. I can watch Boxing on Dazn. HBO on Amazon Prime along with a ton of other things. I stream movies with Plex. I can get all the cable channels I want through other apps. I'm paying Dish $127.00 a month for 290 channels - or whatever - and I watch 10 of them at most and most of THOSE, rarely.

The money I save in a year could replace my TV with something really nice

Why pay dish to watch a few dozen shows I usually record only. I can watch Boxing on Dazn. HBO on Amazon Prime along with a ton of other things. I stream movies with Plex. I can get all the cable channels I want through other apps. I'm paying Dish $127.00 a month for 290 channels - or whatever - and I watch 10 of them at most and most of THOSE, rarely.

The money I save in a year could replace my TV with something really nice
I hear ya if you aren't a big DVR fan. No way I will go to all streaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts