dish disabled 2 reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think this is rich that the corporation that steals another company's technology (TIVO) is constantly harassing people who send them checks over something that could best be described as a grey area.

Although I am sure that it is probably a threat to national security if Canadians start watching US television.:rolleyes:

I think this is rich that the corporation that steals another company's technology (TIVO) is constantly harassing people who send them checks over something that could best be described as a grey area.

Although I am sure that it is probably a threat to national security if Canadians start watching US television.:rolleyes:
yea, typical haters.....Charlie needs another billion, wonder what his partner Jim is worth?

Can't sell in CA but

Well, the FIRST thing to do, would be to stop posting in this forum, everything you are going to do when you contact Dish. They read this forum, and you are giving them all the clues they need, to figure out who you are, and permanently disconnect you!

They can't legally/knowingly sell their service to a Canadian. You've identified yourself as one, and even told everybody you are account stacking with your aunt. Better hope they don't identify her, as they will ALSO disconnect her receivers! Account stacking is against their rules. Providing service to you is against Canadian law (and Dish's rules) etc.

My suggestion: Keep quiet, and just send them a bill, and pray!!!

They can't sell in CA but maybe he lived here then moved to CA and was under contract. He hasn't said so but he would get early termination fee if that is the case. He has said nothing to indicate he is acct stacking. It' is unlikely that they can figure out who he is since hehas given little info to indicate that.

Unlikely

Worth a try, but don't fax it from a Canadian number. Do you log into your account from a Canadian IP? Something tipped them off. And they will call first, so I guess your Aunt ignored their calls.

primestar31, he never said he was stacking. Both receivers are in Canada as I read it.

It is unlikely that they would trace the IP address by logging into his acct from up north.

What a mess, hope it works out for you....

Just my 2 cents: :)

I think that if someone in Canada or Mexico wants to pay to watch U.S. Satellite TV they should be allowed. Do the Canadian Sat companies go to all this effort to stop U.S. based subs? no.

I know of several people who have DirecTV in Mexico with no problems. They avoid Dishnet because of the "audit" calls. They are good subscribers, pay their bills, etc. They just want their TV. Most of them have "RV" accounts. ;)

Do the Canadian Sat companies go to all this effort to stop U.S. based subs? no.

It's the Canadian Gov't.

Canada and the Freedom of Choice Petition

Under existing Canadian laws, users of so-called grey-market satellite dishes — people who PAY for a U.S.-based satellite service — face up to one year in jail, or a $5,000 fine. Firms found guilty of the same offence face a $25,000 fine. This includes the big C-band dishes (that Canadians have had since the 1970's) as well.

no account stacking was going on
just a guy who likes his dish channels
oh well when they cut it off i guess its back to just having bev for me
was a nice luxury to have though

I was being sarcastic....you do know there are google ads on the site promoting fta files/fixes....:eek::eek:

We have very strict no hack talk policy here.

If you see these ads please report them to Scott and he can have them removed as some do sneak by.

no account stacking was going on
just a guy who likes his dish channels
oh well when they cut it off i guess its back to just having bev for me
was a nice luxury to have though

I don't think you are telling us the whole story. Why give it up when you still have one HD Dual Tuner receiver working? The 322 is SD only. You could easily wire up the whole house off the 722.

I would do that in a heartbeat instead of watching the lame and over-compressed programming CompressVu offers.

I don't think you are telling us the whole story. Why give it up when you still have one HD Dual Tuner receiver working? The 322 is SD only. You could easily wire up the whole house off the 722.

I would do that in a heartbeat instead of watching the lame and over-compressed programming CompressVu offers.

The OP asked whether E* would cut off the other receiver if no bill with an address was presented and someone told him eventually yes. I think that's what the OP thinks is going to happen and is responding accordingly.

The OP asked whether E* would cut off the other receiver if no bill with an address was presented and someone told him eventually yes. I think that's what the OP thinks is going to happen and is responding accordingly.

How can they cut off a single receiver on an account that is paid in full?

They can't. Someone is wrong.

Folks... as much as I don't agree with the laws, the laws state that subscribing to US satellite television services in Canada is against the law.

The Audit team is just following the law.

Please remember the rules of the site. :)

Thanks guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)