Dish disconnection procedures

CochiseGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Cochise County, Arizona
I canceled my Dish subscription, and just going OTA for now. May look into FTA satellite, or DirectTV. But for me, I found that once I put up my antenna to get Over the Air locals in HD, that was 90% of my TV viewing - but I also watch a lot of HD DVD & Blu-ray movies & content.

Anyway, they sent me the empty box via UPS to send back my 211 receiver, which I expected. But in opening the box, the instructions say I have to unscrew the LNB from the dish and include that in the box as well. Are they out of their freaking minds?????? :mad:
My Dish is 30' up on the side of the house. I don't have a ladder that tall, and even if I did I'm not inclined to risk my neck going up their and getting it for them.

Does anyone know how strict / serious they are about returning the LNB?

Call them up and explain to the csr that the lnbf is out of reach and in not in a location that can be safely reached without the strong potential for great bodily harm or death.

I had a different experience today.

I cancelled Dish, been a customer for 7 years. In spite of what was written in the "Do I own my 811 receiver?" thread below, Dish claimed I did not have to return either receiver. And nothing metioned about the LNB for the Dish 500. (Good thing, because the Directv installer took the dish with him after he removed and replaced with the Directv dish!)

Call them up and explain to the csr that the lnbf is out of reach and in not in a location that can be safely reached without the strong potential for great bodily harm or death.

...and you suing their butts off!!:D

Yeah, they seem to waive that quite easily.

Also, the DirecTV guy had no right to take the Dish Network dish! That's basically theft.

The last time i had any work done buy a installer i came out to look over the job before signing the work order and seen all my old stuff in the back of his truck and asked why he was taking it and was told we always take the old stuff. First off i owned it so it belonged to me and second when i looked at the install all the upgraded stuff put in was used so i ask to have my owned equipment back and when he was unloading it i saw the boxs of the new equipment that was suppose to go on my house.

To make a long story short come to find out after calling to complain about my install of old equipment on my house they told me they sent out all new for my install. So come to find out he was taking the new equipment and selling it and using used equipment for his installs. Needless to say he was fired and was charged for theft. So he had no job and served 30 days for stealing all the new equipment he was selling so it is very important to look at the work being done and don't assume anything.

The last time i had any work done buy a installer i came out to look over the job before signing the work order and seen all my old stuff in the back of his truck and asked why he was taking it and was told we always take the old stuff. First off i owned it so it belonged to me and second when i looked at the install all the upgraded stuff put in was used so i ask to have my owned equipment back and when he was unloading it i saw the boxs of the new equipment that was suppose to go on my house.

To make a long story short come to find out after calling to complain about my install of old equipment on my house they told me they sent out all new for my install. So come to find out he was taking the new equipment and selling it and using used equipment for his installs. Needless to say he was fired and was charged for theft. So he had no job and served 30 days for stealing all the new equipment he was selling so it is very important to look at the work being done and don't assume anything.

I worked your area w/DNS, you must of had Galaxy or Don Lors from what you describe.

Depends on when it was, before Feb 06 it was a good chance it was a sub but after it was more than likely Dish. My van died in downtown Addison a few weeks before I left Dish right infront of the pizza shop / carwash.

I worked your area w/DNS, you must of had Galaxy or Don Lors from what you describe.

Yes it was galaxy from looking at the paper work, I still have it i save everything

Depends on when it was, before Feb 06 it was a good chance it was a sub but after it was more than likely Dish. My van died in downtown Addison a few weeks before I left Dish right infront of the pizza shop / carwash.

You were in front of PEPE'S pizza next to the car wash it is closed down now so there is not much there at that corner anymore.

Im not surprised its closed, the coffee shop that was there the year before didnt last long either. The towns just not big enough to support it even though theres a fair amount of traffic on that road every day. Maybe if the shop had been bigger and had a larger lot to park it that could have helped considering that when I stepped foot in there once it was about the size of a news stand.

Damn now Im all home sick :(

Im not surprised its closed, the coffee shop that was there the year before didnt last long either. The towns just not big enough to support it even though theres a fair amount of traffic on that road every day. Maybe if the shop had been bigger and had a larger lot to park it that could have helped considering that when I stepped foot in there once it was about the size of a news stand.

Damn now Im all home sick :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)