Dish dispute with Cox Media Group

"You may not be able to watch KIRO 7 live because Dish is threatening to drop the station"
This is our CBS station!! Yikes! I'm about ready to move closer to Seattle so I can go back to an antenna!

same boat here in OR, no locals OTA without expensive antenna install. Looks like CBS all access is avail online though, guess I'll be asking Dish for a discount to pay for it if we lose the channel tomorrow.

Reactions: xfoneguy
same boat here in OR, no locals OTA without expensive antenna install. Looks like CBS all access is avail online though, guess I'll be asking Dish for a discount to pay for it if we lose the channel tomorrow.
I just can't imagine losing one of the biggest networks out there.... hopefully they'll figure it out. If not there will be LOT's of PO'd Dish subscribers!

I just can't imagine losing one of the biggest networks out there.... hopefully they'll figure it out. If not there will be LOT's of PO'd Dish subscribers!
yep, my older neighbors are already upset about losing daytime game shows. I watch several primetime shows regularly on CBS, will definitely not be happy. There's still the NBC/Universal deal as well.

yep, my older neighbors are already upset about losing daytime game shows. I watch several primetime shows regularly on CBS, will definitely not be happy. There's still the NBC/Universal deal as well.
And we lost our only 24hr news station (Northwest Cable News) a few weeks ago... this is really getting old. Maybe it's nothing new but I don't remember losing major TV stations in the past. Something that can't happen with OTA - unless the antenna gets blown away or hit by lightning!

And we lost our only 24hr news station (Northwest Cable News) a few weeks ago... this is really getting old. Maybe it's nothing new but I don't remember losing major TV stations in the past. Something that can't happen with OTA - unless the antenna gets blown away or hit by lightning!
Too many media conglomerates buying up stations, it happens every couple of years since many Seattle & Portland stations (where my locals come from) are owned by same companies. Nothing new but getting really frustrating.

"You may not be able to watch KIRO 7 live because Dish is threatening to drop the station"
This is our CBS station!! Yikes! I'm about ready to move closer to Seattle so I can go back to an antenna!
It looks like it is 18 miles as the crow flies from Duvall to Seattle. I don't know if you have a mountain in the way but otherwise you should be able to OTA easily.

Reactions: xfoneguy
It looks like it is 18 miles as the crow flies from Duvall to Seattle. I don't know if you have a mountain in the way but otherwise you should be able to OTA easily.
hmmm.... i may have to look into that again - i've tried using the small indoor "powered" antennas with no success but maybe it's time for the rooftop. I don't think I've ever seen any around here - I'll have to look.

WLFI in Lafayette IN which is a CBS station has the dish warning on there web site.6:59 pm tonight if the contract is not settled they will be off the air on dish.

If Dishs costs go up so do ours (unless you have 3 year agreement.....:) ) so we should probably be on Dishs side and wait patiently. :(

Guess just over 4hrs left for extension or agreement. Local Fox and MyNet have slates on website saying 5pm deadline. That will be 4 of our locals pulled by the affiliates on Dish in the last year, if Cox pulls these. Griffin pulled CBS and CW 6 months or so ago. I got into an argument with the owner of Griffin last time, they don't care, they will pull them just to make the viewers mad at the MVPD.

I don't get how WFXT is lumped in this. The station had a deal with Dish when they were a FOX O&O. Was WFXT part of the last FOX agreement before being sold to Cox Media? If so, then Cox shouldn't be threatening to pull it.
Cox has owned it since October 2014.
The FOX agreement has no merit as the station is owned by Cox. Same for Memphis's FOX station

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)