Dish does it again

crash58

Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Anniston Alabama
I was installed on the WA and was told by dish that I should be on the EA, Dish told me for a fee of $195 I could upgrade my system the the Ea. My 110/119 siganl is lower 70's and 129 is in the lower 60's. I'm about to cancel because I'm not paying almost 200 bucks for them to put me on the right signal

crash58 said:
I was installed on the WA and was told by dish that I should be on the EA, Dish told me for a fee of $195 I could upgrade my system the the Ea. My 110/119 siganl is lower 70's and 129 is in the lower 60's. I'm about to cancel because I'm not paying almost 200 bucks for them to put me on the right signal

Where do you live?

That's the Bham market and while it is classified as an eastern arc market, the HD locals are also on 129W on the western arc. Nothing to change or worry about I can see.

I'm in the Birmingham market and I just got service 2 months ago. Also on WA, same signal strengths pretty much as you.

They better not have set me up on some **** that I need to "upgrade."

Pretty weird that they're telling you to move to EA.

Just looked on the list

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network Birmingham, AL

From what I can see WA actually has several more local SD channels for the B'ham AL market than EA (NBC 13, ABC 40, CBS 42 and FOX 6.) Other than that, it's the same amount of HD channels. I am assuming the list is up-to-date.

Now now I REALLY don't understand why they would want you on EA.

Last edited:
With signal strengths like that you don't need to go to EA. I am in the Birmingham market too I happen to be on EA and my signal strength averages are lower than yours. Did they call you and tell you that you should be on EA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts